Nvidia Shield Kodi loses setting after reboot
Hi all,

I just bought the NVidia shield console and installed Kodi 16.1 through Google play. The software version on my shield is 3.1.

I installed Kodi, and added my repos and add-ons. I then made minor tweaks like hide pictures and programs, added my favorite video add-on shortcuts. Everything works great until I reboot the console. After every reboot Kodi resets as if its the first time run. All of my shortcuts are gone, and Kodi appears as it does on a fresh install. The weird thing is that all of my repos are still there, and my video add-ons are even there under the video addons, but the shortcuts are all missing. When I first go to setting to set everything back up, I get the first time run popup.

Any ideas on how to fix this? It's not devastating, but I would like to setup friends and family with this cool little console, but they are not tech savvy enough to reconfigure kodi every time the system reboots.

Thanks in advance. Kodi Rocks!!!!!!!!!!
This has already been discussed.
Use your "search" skills...
E Bloc,
Great choice! I bought the shield too and it runs Kodi/SPMC great. I, too, wish it was idiot-proof so I could make one for my parents and my brother but it's just not there. It's not what you and I and the ultimate consumer wants. It's a fun and powerful program but it's not made by people who want to make it idiotproof. These people hate idiots (I'm totally on board with that and wish I was not also an idiot). It's for people who like to fiddle, like you. Not like your mom. If I die my wife will never figure this thing out.

But it is SO cool! Hopefully I don't die.

I'm going to go eat some kale now and double up on my lovastatin
(2016-05-03, 08:06)Koying Wrote: This has already been discussed.
Use your "search" skills...

I did try searching before I posted, and again after you let me know it has already been discussed. I've tried several different searches, and went through 20 pages of threads after searching "Nvidia Shield". I very well may have overlooked it twice. I did not open every thread one by one and read through them, and I don't really plan on it either. If anyone would point me in the right direction I'd certainly appreciate it. Until then, I'll keep looking for an answer and keep tinkering with it.

thanks
Got same thing after 1 month of using my shield with spmc!
First i got errors, than the search wont work. After a shield restart all settings were gone. After a next restart the spmc app was gone.
Had to reset the shield and get on from the beginning.
Greetz Stealth
System : openelec 3.2.3 | Aeon Nox | Intel i3-3225 @3,3Ghz | Intel Graphic integrated | 4Gb Ram | 128 SSD
Remotes : Harmony One+ | MCE-Remote | xbmc IPhone Remote | Yatse on Asus Transformer Prime
TV : Sony Bravia over Hdmi | TV Server : 3xTechnotrend Cable Tuner | DVBViewer 5.0+RecService 1.25
Sound : Logitech Z5500 over optical
Storage : Qnap 412 4x3TB Raid5
Same thing is happening to me on android. I've also searched this forum and can't seem to find a fix. Appreciate the help and sarcastic remarks. I think most people have already searched before asking questions. The only fix I found doesn't work. The settings go back just like E Block
Yesterday same problem.
Spmc App wont start.
After reboot the app was gone.
And one other app also.
Had to install all comlete new.
Dont know what is this all about.
Maybe it has something to do with standby.
Would it be better to shutdown the shield everytime?
Greetz Stealth
System : openelec 3.2.3 | Aeon Nox | Intel i3-3225 @3,3Ghz | Intel Graphic integrated | 4Gb Ram | 128 SSD
Remotes : Harmony One+ | MCE-Remote | xbmc IPhone Remote | Yatse on Asus Transformer Prime
TV : Sony Bravia over Hdmi | TV Server : 3xTechnotrend Cable Tuner | DVBViewer 5.0+RecService 1.25
(2016-05-03, 02:38)E Bloc Wrote: Hi all,

I just bought the NVidia shield console and installed Kodi 16.1 through Google play. The software version on my shield is 3.1.

I installed Kodi, and added my repos and add-ons. I then made minor tweaks like hide pictures and programs, added my favorite video add-on shortcuts. Everything works great until I reboot the console. After every reboot Kodi resets as if its the first time run. All of my shortcuts are gone, and Kodi appears as it does on a fresh install. The weird thing is that all of my repos are still there, and my video add-ons are even there under the video addons, but the shortcuts are all missing. When I first go to setting to set everything back up, I get the first time run popup.

Any ideas on how to fix this? It's not devastating, but I would like to setup friends and family with this cool little console, but they are not tech savvy enough to reconfigure kodi every time the system reboots.

Thanks in advance. Kodi Rocks!!!!!!!!!!

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=258557

Or switch to SPMC 16.3 fork.
I never ever had this problem and i have two SHIELD and a tablet.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
I also have 2 shields and a tablet and something similar does occasionally happen to me.

What actually seems to happen is the skin changes back to confluence - switching back to Titan restores everything to as it was prevously.
Strange....it would be perfect to have an option to have a backup of the shield to restore it if something is going on and you must do a reset!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Nvidia Shield Kodi loses setting after reboot0