No signal after reboot hardware or settings issue?
Hello, I have Kodi installed on Ubuntu server and it worked like a charm until yesterday, I bought a Pioneer PLE-4205UHD TV, and it has a 4k port on HDMI 1, I plugged in my server's HDMI cable on this port and I got 1080p signal, after I rebooted my server I can't get any signal on the TV, neither on the previous TV I had on my living room, but when I connect it to my previous TV and reboot I have signal, do I have to change some resolution values for it to work on the new TV(4K)?, do I need to get some special HDMI cable for 4k signal? or could it be my server video card that doesn't support 4k?

My server is running on a Lenovo Ideacentre Q180
Intel Atom D2700 / 2.13 GHz Dual Core 4GB RAM
AMD Radeon HD 6450A

Thanks in advance. Regards.
Did you try plugging your server to another non 4k HDMI port of your new TV to see what happens ?
For true 4k you need HDMI 2.0 port and I doubt your machine has it.
Try turning on your machine first (with TV powered off) and then turn on your TV, if you get signal then could be an edid issue but probably a setting in your TV could help.
The AVS forum is a better place for this.
My XBMC/Kodi folder: addons, skins, addon/menu backgrounds & more
I have to connect it to another non 4k HDMI port and reboot it so I can get signal, about the HDMI 2.0, do you by any chance know if the Rpi 3 or OPi Plus 2 have this version of HDMI. I was thinking of buying one anyways.

Thanks in advance.
How odd. All the HDMI inputs on my Sony UHD TV are HDMI 2.0 and I have no problems with any device I connect - whether it's 1080p or UHD. UHD cables are identical physically to HD cables - though the clock rate may be higher for UHD 4:2:2 and 4:4:4 at 50/60p so longer cables may not work as reliably.
And all of your hdmi inputs are 4k capable? Maybe its a brand issue, I know Pioneer is not known for high quality TVs like Sony, Samsung or LG

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No signal after reboot hardware or settings issue?0