• 11(current)
Compile faster Mplayer.dll with different parameters
I care, thanks wizboy11, this is ones of those threads I've been tracking for well over a year. Thanks for all the improvements and faster playback.
+1

I haven't tested this yet (but I have it downloaded). If it really is faster, smaller, better, and more handsome, is someone who builds xbmc (like T3CH) including it with his builds ?
SandmanCL Wrote:+1

I haven't tested this yet (but I have it downloaded). If it really is faster, smaller, better, and more handsome, is someone who builds xbmc (like T3CH) including it with his builds ?

No, and I think it SHOULD NOT be included with default builds.
It should be considered unstable (even though it might be stable) unless proven otherwise with every format it can run Wink

Edit: Maybe as an extra option you can add on your own, but not with the default one.
So, if re-compiling mplayer like this can be done, can we follow these steps (from ftp://ftp.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/contrib/w...-Howto.txt):

Step 3 ogg, vorbis and theora
Newer version of MPlayer already include the necessary sources to play vorbis audio, xiph's audio codec.
Xiph's video codec is called theora. Libtheora is needed to play back theora video. For compiling libtheora,
libogg and libvorbis must be installed.
So if you just want to use vorbis, you can therefore skip this step.
Go to http://downloads.xiph.org/releases/
and download the latest library archives (with extension .tar.gz) in the subdirectories ogg, vorbis and theora.
(For this HOWTO, libogg-1.1.2.tar.gz, libvorbis-1.1.1.tar.gz and libtheora-1.0alpha4.tar.gz were used.)
You need libogg-1.1.2 or later to be able to compile the source under MinGW without having to patch it.

extract the archive:

tar -xvvzf libogg-1.1.2.tar.gz

change to the dir containing the sources:
cd libogg-1.1.2

Call configure with your mingw install dir as prefix:

./configure --prefix=c:/mingw --disable-shared

compile the sources:

make

and install them:

make install

afterwards go back to your msys home dir:

cd

now install libvorbis in a similar way
tar -xvvzf libvorbis-1.1.1.tar.gz
cd libvorbis-1.1.1
./configure --prefix=c:/mingw --disable-shared
make
make install
cd

compile libtheora in the same manner
tar -xvvzf libtheora-1.0alpha4.tar.gz
cd libtheora-1.0alpha4
./configure --disable-encode --prefix=C:/mingw --disable-shared
make
make install
cd

To include theora support in the mplayer module and also make it good and quick?
spiff Wrote:until somebody can explain why optimizing for size increase the speed...

Quite often these days it's because more code fits into the cache
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Compile faster Mplayer.dll with different parameters0