Why does the Kodi player have so much trouble with .ts files?
I have a list of .ts files which play beautifully in VLC player but do not even open in Kodi Sad

Why is that exactly? and is there any way to fix this for someone with no programming knowledge? I have seen threads on making coding changes to the coreplayer to allow VLC player to be the default player etc but this is completely foreign to me. I would need something within Kodi which would simply allow me to click which player I want as my default player. I work in a hospital so as an end user of Kodi, I would be an example of the broader public that knows how to do "some" things within my computer but overall depend largely on developers making things simple enough that I could make the changes through a series of clicks or copying and pasting a code into another area rather than trying to do it myself and undoubtedly making things worse lol! Is there such a thing as an existing code that I could just copy and paste into some folder? I would like to simply be able to open .ts files in Kodi like I can with VLC player - if at all possible.

Any thoughts or advice or help would be greatly appreciated. This is not a knock on Kodi because I love it. In fact the reason I am posting this is because I want everything to be within my Kodi platform rather than having to go to an outside player - would rather see it brought in house.

Thanks for ANY feedback thoughts and opinions and thanks to any and all of the developers for the time and effort they put in - I dont know any of u by name but your work is very much appreciated.

Thanks.
I suppose the question is "what is it about your .ts files that are problematic?". Kodi plays .ts just fine, although I have had some broken recordings that play properly in VLC but stutter all over the place in Kodi. For these, no amount of re-muxing will fix them, and only a full re-encode (e.g. Handbrake) will do.

Sooooo... it depends on where your files are coming from, and what the issue is. If they're well-formed and Kodi still chokes then it's a Kodi issue, but it's equally possible that your source is producing invalid files that VLC copes with but Kodi still chokes on.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Why does the Kodi player have so much trouble with .ts files?0