Linux File and directory chooser
This I would say is a known problem.
My File and directory chooser looks like the first picture in your explanation of the fix, I.E. it only shows the main file structure and doesn't allow me to access a ftp server or other drives which would normally appear down the left side bar as per the last picture.
I installed Eclipse-SWT and rebooted about three times but if has not resolved the problem.

I am using openSUSE Leap 42.1 and KDE 5. The SWT package was from the openSUSE repos.

And ideas to resolve this would be great because unless I can access my FTP server tMM isn't a lot of good to me.
swt support has been dropped since it was too unstable.
Please take a java version which includes JavaFX (e.g. Oracle Java 8 or maybe OpenSUSE has a package for OpenJFX like ubuntu/arch has)
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
(2016-05-06, 07:42)mlaggner Wrote: swt support has been dropped since it was too unstable.
Please take a java version which includes JavaFX (e.g. Oracle Java 8 or maybe OpenSUSE has a package for OpenJFX like ubuntu/arch has)

A little bit of progress I suppose. I got Java 8 onto openSUSE 42.1, which is no easy task. I now have the side bar in the add data source box and it has most of the 'Places' But not my FTP server. I tried putting the address (ftp://ME@address) into the location bar but when I click enter or open nothing happens.
then I'd suggest you to mount the ftp share (like I do it with my cifs shares):
https://linuxconfig.org/mount-remote-ftp...filesystem
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
(2016-05-09, 07:51)mlaggner Wrote: then I'd suggest you to mount the ftp share (like I do it with my cifs shares):
https://linuxconfig.org/mount-remote-ftp...filesystem

It is already mounted, when I open Dolphin it is is listed in my 'Places' but when I open tMM, even with the side bar which lists 'Places' it isn't.
I suppose the display in dolphin is not useable from within java. iirc java/jfx uses GTK as their "native" linux backend und such features like the "Places" region in the directory chooser may be implemented differently between the gtk and kde world.

just take the mount options for your FTP server to /etc/fstab and mount the ftp share to something like /mnt/ftp and you will find it from within java
There is definitely a disconnect as far as what Dolphin sees and what tMM can see. Trying to mount FTP didn't work, I tried to set up curlftpfs, and it seemed to work but when I tried a reboot the fstab entry killed my boot dead. I had to go in with a live cd to # out the fstab line before I could reboot. Shame as tMM seems to be able to do what I want but it doesn't work under Linux, or at least openSUSE 42.1. MediaElch doesn't work either, for the same reason.
try to insert noauto and users to the fstab options. If dolphin is as intelligent as nemo, you should be able to mount it from dolphin as soon as you need the mount (at least this is the way I mount my NAS with cifs at home)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
File and directory chooser0