Kodi Jarvis 16.1 update no Video Playback
Installed Kodi Jarvis 16.1 over a previous version.

Everything installed ok and the Jarvis menus and addons work ok.

The only problem is there is no video playback from any of the addons.

I tried modifying the video settings including acceleration settings, however changes made to video setting has not fixed video play back issues which displays a blank white and yellowish screen.

Uninstalling Kodi then re-installation 16.1 has no effect.

Re installation of Jarvis 16.0 produces video playback however switching between window and full screen mode has problems. Version 16.0 There No video playback in full screen mode. The monitor goes black and then looses the video signal where a PC reboot is necessary to obtain a Desktop.

I tried backing up to Isengard version such as 15.2 and 15.0 However the video playback in full screen problem still exists.

Apparently something has changed as Kodi was able to easily switch between windows and full screen during video playback before the 16.1 update installation.

OS is Windows Vista 64 bit with DirectX version 11

===========================================

After performing a complete uninstall including the existing profile and then installation of 15.0, everything works as expected including video playback.

I then installed Jarvis 16.0 which tested ok However after installing 16.1 there is now again a video playback problem in full screen mode.

(16.0 works in full screen mode however the video colors are not quite right.)
no Debug Log?
(2016-05-05, 07:43)afedchin Wrote: no Debug Log?

Version 16.0 works in full screen mode, however the video colors are not quite right. I don't believe debug mode will have any information about video colors and tints.

Here's a log file from Kodi Jarvis 16.1. (Windowed mode) There is no playback (only whitish screen) in Windowed Mode. I didn't attempt playback in full screen because the monitor eventually looses the video signal and a reboot (power off and power on) is required.

Kodi Jarvis 16.1 Log File

To view Kodi 16.1 log file to select "Download" and then open with "Notepad"

Note: Kodi 15.0 Isengard is installed to the default Kodi directory. (hasn't exhibited any video playback problems.

Kodi Jarvis 16.1 is installed to it's own (separate) directory path.
You can paste a proper debug log to http://xbmclogs.com/ and link it back here, no charge. The debug contains information about your hardware and software set-up that may be critical in determining your issue. Zip archives are frowned upon as they may contain malicious code, or references to Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki)

Quote:no video playback
Would that be no local video playback, e.g videos in your sources on the same machine or only streaming add-ons? Just hazarding a guess, between your installs and uninstall...most users don't rename or delete C:\Users\User-3023\AppData\Roaming\Kodi and consistently end up with the same settings and user files. A quick check in the log --> Your video driver doesn't support DirectX 11 Video Acceleration API. Application is not be able to use hardware video processing and decoding

Suggestion Kodi Isengard 15.2 should work well and is the last DX9 version at this point. Feel free to leave various 3rd party add-ons your requests for support.
(2016-05-05, 18:31)User-3023 Wrote: Here's a log file from Kodi Jarvis 16.1. (Windowed mode) There is no playback (only whitish screen) in Windowed Mode. I didn't attempt playback in full screen because the monitor eventually looses the video signal and a reboot (power off and power on) is required.
try set Render method to Software.
(2016-05-06, 08:27)afedchin Wrote:
(2016-05-05, 18:31)User-3023 Wrote: Here's a log file from Kodi Jarvis 16.1. (Windowed mode) There is no playback (only whitish screen) in Windowed Mode. I didn't attempt playback in full screen because the monitor eventually looses the video signal and a reboot (power off and power on) is required.
try set Render method to Software.

Setting the render method to "Software" seems to have resolved the video playback problem I was experiencing.
(2016-05-06, 03:21)PatK Wrote: You can paste a proper debug log to http://xbmclogs.com/ and link it back here, no charge. The debug contains information about your hardware and software set-up that may be critical in determining your issue. Zip archives are frowned upon as they may contain malicious code, or references to Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki)

Quote:no video playback
Would that be no local video playback, e.g videos in your sources on the same machine or only streaming add-ons? Just hazarding a guess, between your installs and uninstall...most users don't rename or delete C:\Users\User-3023\AppData\Roaming\Kodi and consistently end up with the same settings and user files. A quick check in the log --> Your video driver doesn't support DirectX 11 Video Acceleration API. Application is not be able to use hardware video processing and decoding

Suggestion Kodi Isengard 15.2 should work well and is the last DX9 version at this point. Feel free to leave various 3rd party add-ons your requests for support.

Video playback from any online streaming add-on that plays video, e.g. youtube, CBS News, etc.

I was able to get Javis 16.1 working once I changed the Rendering method to "Software" as suggested by afedchin.

recent Log file

NOTICE: CRenderSystemDX::CreateDevice - Your video driver doesn't support DirectX 11 Video Acceleration API. Application is not be able to use hardware video processing and decoding
____

After installing Isengard and then Jarvis into their own directory under C:\Program Files (x86)\ each version is able to run ok using the same C:\Documents and Settings\"User"\Application Data\Kodi directory.

However I found Kodi doesn't support installing multiple versions of Kodi using their own installed repositories. Once you install repositories and add-ons these will pertain to all Kodi installations. Perhaps there is some sort of work-a-round. e.g. you could backup the different versions of the "Kodi" directory to a zip file. Then unzip back to the "Kodi" directory before running an installed version of Kodi.

This would pertain to e.g. if you wanted to run different installations of Kodi each with their own unique repositories and add-ons installed.
(2016-05-06, 10:52)User-3023 Wrote: However I found Kodi doesn't support installing multiple versions of Kodi using their own installed repositories. Once you install repositories and add-ons these will pertain to all Kodi installations. Perhaps there is some sort of work-a-round. e.g. you could backup the different versions of the "Kodi" directory to a zip file. Then unzip back to the "Kodi" directory before running an installed version of Kodi.

This would pertain to e.g. if you wanted to run different installations of Kodi each with their own unique repositories and add-ons installed.

Please check http://kodi.wiki/view/Windows_FAQ#Portable (wiki) the portable mode with the -p switch will allow you to have as many iterations of Kodi as you like.
(2016-05-06, 15:17)PatK Wrote:
(2016-05-06, 10:52)User-3023 Wrote: However I found Kodi doesn't support installing multiple versions of Kodi using their own installed repositories. Once you install repositories and add-ons these will pertain to all Kodi installations. Perhaps there is some sort of work-a-round. e.g. you could backup the different versions of the "Kodi" directory to a zip file. Then unzip back to the "Kodi" directory before running an installed version of Kodi.

Please check http://kodi.wiki/view/Windows_FAQ#Portable (wiki) the portable mode with the -p switch will allow you to have as many iterations of Kodi as you like.

Ok thanks I'll check it out. The problem I was having ,,, there was no access to some of the renamed Kodi folders from the Windows Explorer. I didn't bother to figure out what was going on and didn't have any luck trying to rename them back to the Kodi foldername.
Some sort of permissions issue in windows, perhaps something had a lock on and a reboot might have allowed you to do something with them in administration mode.
(2016-05-07, 01:55)PatK Wrote: Some sort of permissions issue in windows, perhaps something had a lock on and a reboot might have allowed you to do something with them in administration mode.

Possibly, however I remember an error message that implied that a folder no longer existed. I wasn't able to reopen some folders from Windows Explorer as they didn't exist and Windows Explorer didn't produce any security and admin rights error messages. I didn't bother investigating the problem any further. Perhaps I can try again when I have the time.
Guys this worked for me:

https://youtu.be/fXE_jg6viXg

Hope it works for you to...
(2016-09-18, 17:30)reavel Wrote: Guys this worked for me:

https://youtu.be/fXE_jg6viXg

Hope it works for you to...

It just "hides" the problem with drivers.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Jarvis 16.1 update no Video Playback0