Kodi Mac OSX Voice Over Removal ARGHHH!
So I have been racking my brain trying to shut off this feature and I have no idea how to!! A friend of mine came over and wanted to watch a movie on my system when i wasn't home. Somehow she activated a voice over function that is ONLY when using Kodi that speaks each Category, menu item, media name, selection, or anything else that you are able to highlight with the remote and i have no idea how!

I am running Kodi 16.1 on my 2011 Mac Mini running OSX El Capitan 10.11.3.

Here is all of the things I have tried/looked into so far.
- Searched Kodi settings high and low for anywhere that indicates Voiceover settings
- Deleted Kodi, removed from trash, and reinstalled the program only to have the Voiceover persist
- Checked the Accessibility settings of El Capitan itself and confirmed that Voiceover (Command +F5) is NOT on
- Checked all the other El Capitan Audio settings to see if there is anything else I've missed

This is incredibly frustrating and super annoying. The spoken text is SO much louder than the content being played. I have resorted to turning the sound on the amplifier completely off until the show I'm watching starts simply because navigating through shows and menus is painful.

Hoping someone can help!!
Uninstall the text to speech add-on in Kodi.
I love you! Much appreciated.
And give your friend a yell
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Mac OSX Voice Over Removal ARGHHH!0