Add a Resolution change option for picture section.
It seems like a good idea at least. Since the majority (based on poll that is.) use 720p verses 1080i, how bout possibly adding a resolution setting under 'Picture' options in settings to allow xbmc to display pictures in 1080i mode, similar to how users can choose to have xbmc in 720p, and still set video playback to switch to 480p or 1080i when playback of video if they want to.

Reason being, that way we can keep using 720p (1080i is sluggish to use all the time, due to hardware of course.), but yet still view pictures at 1080i glory. I know you can switch each time, but since that function was added for video playback for similar reasons, simplicity and convenience, it seems like a good addition to be able to do the same for pictures.
actually seems like a decent enough idea. Let's hope developers agree Smile
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

This has my vote for usability!
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
I second this. Images are sharper at 1080 over 720
Did anything come of this? seems like a great idea?
patch welcome - certainly not something i care about
Ouch! - I'll get my coat... Shocked
added in revision 9738.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Thanks so much for adding this!!!!
Laugh Thank you very much!! Big Grin
sincere gratitude from here! can't wait to play with this
nice to see this option included even if it is a minor thing, more proof xbmc has better attention to detail than anything money can buy Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Add a Resolution change option for picture section.0