Vu+ Enigma2 add-on buffering stuck at 0%
Dear forum,

I'm at wits end. I have a new setup:
- VU+ Solo2 with Black Hole 3.0.2.E
- Kodi Isengard on Pi2
- Vu+ Enigma PVR add-on

The installation went fine, I have connection to the device from Kodi. The bouquet loaded fine, I can see the channels even with EPG in Kodi. However, when I click the channel to watch, it is stuck at buffering 0%. I would be grateful for any advice, even for the correct versions of BH and Kodi that work with this hardware setup (Solo2, Pi2).

Regards,
Bugaboo
Ok, so did some more research on the topic. The problem is only with some channels. I accidentally picked 3 out of 2000 available, that didn't work :-). Here's what I tried with the same result:

VU+ Solo2
- OBH 2.1.4
- OBH 3.0.2
- OBH 3.0.2.E
- OpenATV 4.2
- OpenVix 4.1.004

Kodi/XBMC with respective VU+/Enigma2 add-on
- XBMC 13.1 (on Windows)
- Kodi 15.2 (on Windows)
- Kodi 16.1 (on Pi2)
- Kodi 17 (on Windows)

Current state: I can watch all the channels (SD, HD, whatever) except for those 3, which are stuck at 0% buffering.

I tried to find out, why the respective channels don't work. Originally I thought, it is because the channels have mp3 audio (at least that's what is shown on the channel info). But, there are other channels with mp3 audio, that work. So it's not about audio.

The channels have multiple providers (I've read this as the problem symptoms in some other thread, though I don't remember where). The channel in question is for example 4.Fun TV on Hotbird (13E), which is provided by 4 providers and some of them may be locked (have to check), others are free. I can view the channel without subscription directly on the Vu+ Solo2 receiver. The theory here is (the best explanation I can find), that:
- VU+ Enigma2 add-on send the channel number to enigma2 server on VU+ Solo2
- Enigma2 server on the receiver switches the tuner to respective channel and starts playing it (I can see the channel on the TV directly connected through HDMI)
- For unknown reasons, the Enigma2 server starts streaming other (possibly locked) channel with the same name to Kodi
- As there are no data streaming through (because the channel is locked), and Kodi is waiting for the data to buffer it, we are stuck at buffering at 0%

The bottom line is, that I think, that it is a combination of enigma2/solo2 drivers problem. Will verify behaviour with a channel I don't have subscription for, and it's name is unique.
Rescan the 13e satellite and try to use the found (last scanned folder) channels for streaming.
I had similar problem with 2 channels at 1w, managed to get the new found channels to work In Vu+ Enigma2 addon by rescanning the channels with my Solo2.
3 * Nvidia Shield + Synology NAS DS218+ LG 77CX6LA + Genelec + RasPi/rAudio + Adam T5V + T7V + T10S - ArcoLinux
(2016-05-08, 01:19)Bugaboo Wrote: Ok, so did some more research on the topic. The problem is only with some channels. I accidentally picked 3 out of 2000 available, that didn't work :-). Here's what I tried with the same result:

VU+ Solo2
- OBH 2.1.4
- OBH 3.0.2
- OBH 3.0.2.E
- OpenATV 4.2
- OpenVix 4.1.004

Kodi/XBMC with respective VU+/Enigma2 add-on
- XBMC 13.1 (on Windows)
- Kodi 15.2 (on Windows)
- Kodi 16.1 (on Pi2)
- Kodi 17 (on Windows)

Current state: I can watch all the channels (SD, HD, whatever) except for those 3, which are stuck at 0% buffering.

I tried to find out, why the respective channels don't work. Originally I thought, it is because the channels have mp3 audio (at least that's what is shown on the channel info). But, there are other channels with mp3 audio, that work. So it's not about audio.

The channels have multiple providers (I've read this as the problem symptoms in some other thread, though I don't remember where). The channel in question is for example 4.Fun TV on Hotbird (13E), which is provided by 4 providers and some of them may be locked (have to check), others are free. I can view the channel without subscription directly on the Vu+ Solo2 receiver. The theory here is (the best explanation I can find), that:
- VU+ Enigma2 add-on send the channel number to enigma2 server on VU+ Solo2
- Enigma2 server on the receiver switches the tuner to respective channel and starts playing it (I can see the channel on the TV directly connected through HDMI)
- For unknown reasons, the Enigma2 server starts streaming other (possibly locked) channel with the same name to Kodi
- As there are no data streaming through (because the channel is locked), and Kodi is waiting for the data to buffer it, we are stuck at buffering at 0%

The bottom line is, that I think, that it is a combination of enigma2/solo2 drivers problem. Will verify behaviour with a channel I don't have subscription for, and it's name is unique.
There is nothing you can do, these channels use shared pmt table and ffmpeg implementation used in kodi does not detect it correctly there are something like 30 channels on hot bird from Cyfrowy Polsat povider. No one is interested in fixing this.

Even of you make recording of this channel it wont play in kodi

It plays in media player classic or vlc but not on anything that uses ffmpeg libraries

Wysłane z mojego YOGA Tablet 2-1050F przy użyciu Tapatalka

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Vu+ Enigma2 add-on buffering stuck at 0%1