Shared folders are half and random available
Hope it's ok for me to start a thread here,

The update from W7 to W10 was nice for my laptop, but a horror for my RasPi2, doing his job as media player.
Recently I found out how I can create a local account with a password, so I finally got access on Kodi using Windows SMB with that username and password.

Now the problem:
It was odd that in my library there were only 8 movies visible, while I got 9 movies in my Movies folder. It could be that the movie that wasn't showing up was bugged or badly named, but then I went to my TV-shows and was even more surprised.
From all the Series I share (8 folders with seasons and episodes) there wasn't even 1 show that was complete. Strange, cause everything is ordered and named the same way.
For example: I had just 1 episode in my library for Game of Thrones, while I got 2; The Big Bang Theory has 22 episodes, but there were only 7 available, Sherlock was only showing 2 seasons instead of 3, and the same with the rest of the shows.

When I deleted the folders, I tried to add them again, hoping for better luck. I used this guide (the same as I always do).
I got problems getting access to that map. First I get some errors, then I only see 3 subfolders, then I return and try again, see 8 subfolders, then again an error etc.
I also made a movie about it, I'll try to upload it after this post.

I found some links with changed to be made in the register-editor, but those weren't really successful, tho I noticed some small differences:
Increase the IRPStackSize parameter for Lanmanserver through the registry
Domain Master Browser

Conclusion:
I have access to my shared folders using Windows SMB, but the content in those folders isn't available for 100% and it's different every time I 'open' the folder.

It would be amazing if you could help me out.
Here's the video I made.

Its not the best video, but you can see me first having problems getting access "Error, invalid argument" 5 times.
Then I get access and see all my 8 shows. I try again, hoping for other results, but it seems to work 'good' all the next attempts.
So I add it, and open it, and all 8 shows are there. But then a quick refresh and: just 2 shows available.
Another refresh and 5, then 4, then 2 and so on. Its completly random every time.
No one? Have you tried to reinstall or update Kodi?
No one here who can help me?
I'm pretty desperate, can;t find people with the same problem on Google
This fix solved my SMB from a Windows 7 server problems, accessing from my Nvidia Shield and/or an android tablet.

http://kodi.wiki/view/SMB/Windows#Fixes
Thanks, but it didnt do it for me Sad

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Shared folders are half and random available0