Kodibuntu: audio gone
Hi all,

I was watching a movie when the power was cut. the device was started afterwards but when i started the movie there was no audio anymore.
Its a analog audio port, im running Jarvis 16.1.
I tried the setting and reboot multiple times, also turning off input devices but i still come up empty.

Anyone?
No help possible without a Debug Log
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Just found out this was a hardware problem. replaced the main board and its running fine again after tweaking the settings again.
There is no sound test button so i turned on the clicking sound to test.
Sounds like your sound hardware was taken out by a power surge when your power got cut. Now's a good time to invest in a surge protector.
No it was taken out by a defect usb port, it shorted.
But after replacing the hardware i got the same problem, I did a audio reset to default and rebooted. Still nothing. i restarted the tv and it was working. weird.
I found how to trigger this, i booted my device now with tv on hdmi. Once booted i have no sound, until i restart the tv.
When my device is allready running and i switch to this hdmi there is no problem.

Does not look like its the tv as this only happens for this device.(http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=272717)

Any ideas?, I will try to create a debug log
If no TV is present at boot -> no audio as the handshake does not happen.

You can only force the EDID of the connector or make sure that your TV is on whenever you start the computer.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodibuntu: audio gone0