Solved Configured Just the Way I Want It - How to forklift it to new device
Hi, I'm a noob. Been looking at the howto's and forums but don't see a scenario that fits. Hope you can help.

I'm slowly configuring my Kodi just like I like it with my repo's Video, Audio and Weather addons and all of their individual configurations. I've added shortcuts (?) to my favorite addons under their respective menu category (Video, Audio) I haven't done anything with the skin, but may if I get really ambitious. I'm doing this on my ubuntu laptop.

Once I'm totally happy with my config, I'd like build a Raspberry PI with OpenELEC and "fork lift" everything I've done onto it, so that I have a tiny form factor device connected to my TV instead of the big laptop. I don't want to re-do everything I've meticulously configured. Is there a way to pack it all up in a file(s), that I copy to and lay down on my RaspPI? Can a configuration done on one OS be transferred to another. Tho ubuntu and OpenELCE are linux, I also have an old dell optiplex with Win7 that I could stick next to one TV, and wonder if I can drop the config on to it as well?

Related to this, and looking a little ahead, since Kodi has a "10 ft interface" I need to drive my OpenELEC build with a conventional remote control, not a keyboard wired to it, or even a wireless Keyboard. Any suggestions on how to put a remote receiver on a RaspPI and a good remote to use?

Thanks very much
Quote:Related to this, and looking a little ahead, since Kodi has a "10 ft interface" I need to drive my OpenELEC build with a conventional remote control, not a keyboard wired to it, or even a wireless Keyboard. Any suggestions on how to put a remote receiver on a RaspPI and a good remote to use?
DIY IR receiver http://wiki.openelec.tv/index.php?title=...O_Receiver

If your tv ha CEC why not use that.

Or a usb IR receiver https://thepihut.com/products/flirc-usb-...spberry-pi
(2016-05-05, 22:07)otatv Wrote: Once I'm totally happy with my config, I'd like build a Raspberry PI with OpenELEC and "fork lift" everything I've done onto it, so that I have a tiny form factor device connected to my TV instead of the big laptop. I don't want to re-do everything I've meticulously configured. Is there a way to pack it all up in a file(s), that I copy to and lay down on my RaspPI? Can a configuration done on one OS be transferred to another. Tho ubuntu and OpenELCE are linux, I also have an old dell optiplex with Win7 that I could stick next to one TV, and wonder if I can drop the config on to it as well?

The Backup add-on should work for this purpose. Backup everything once you're ready, then you can restore your backup to your Pi.

(2016-05-05, 22:07)otatv Wrote: Related to this, and looking a little ahead, since Kodi has a "10 ft interface" I need to drive my OpenELEC build with a conventional remote control, not a keyboard wired to it, or even a wireless Keyboard. Any suggestions on how to put a remote receiver on a RaspPI and a good remote to use?

Thanks very much

There are a number of inexpensive remotes available on Amazon. I bought this one for $10 for my Pi three years ago, and it is still working fine.
Kodi Matrix on Dell Optiplex 980 Lubuntu 22.04 | Kodi Matrix on HTPC Lubuntu 20.04 | My Add-ons | Legacy Repo | Matrix Repo
>>>>> Newest MetalChris Addons: Local Now | Redbox | NEWSnet| NHL Radio | Weather Unlocked
I did something similar. Started with Kodi setup
On windows. Then backed it up to network share. Then installed kodi on RPi3 openelec and installed backup addon and restored. Works great and you do not have to setup movie libraries and pvr and addons a second time.
So it does work to a different platform/OS.

Sent from my iPhone
Thanks very much Av3nged, MetalChris and Srogers! I shall check out Backup and the remote suggestions. Kodi is an a-maazing application!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Configured Just the Way I Want It - How to forklift it to new device0