Merging of same name directories across multiple drives issue.
Spent the last week getting over 400 tv shows to scrape properly and have stumbled upon the last hurdle. In file mode before library was scraped kodi combined items in same named directories and showed as one directory. After scraping to library only the folder with the Tvshow.nfo lists the episodes. I have tried both direct tvshow access and file mode access. Anyone come across this as well and find a workaround?
Can you give some real examples? Not really sure what "kodi combined items in same named directories and showed as one directory" means.
ex...1 currently aired tv show that started on 1 hd that eventually was filled and continued on on another hd....
d:/tvshowname then continued on e:/tvshowname
I don't get what you mean by "only the folder with the tvshow.nfo"

How did you scrape? have you used one of KODI's built in scrapers? Or have you used some third party thing that has created NFO files?

I am having to guess what you are doing, but I think you are saying you have this:

D:/tvshowname/tvshow s01e01.mkv
D:/tvshowname/tvshow s01e02.mkv
D:/tvshowname/tvshow s01e03.mkv
D:/tvshowname/tvshow s01e04.mkv
E:/tvshowname/tvshow s01e05.mkv
E:/tvshowname/tvshow s01e06.mkv
E:/tvshowname/tvshow s01e07.mkv
E:/tvshowname/tvshow s01e08.mkv

KODI's built in scrapers would be fine with that. I know I have a couple of TV shows spread between different hard disks.

BUT... it if you mention of the tvshow.nfo that has me curious. Where did this come from? I am guessing that it is confusing KODI now. I am guessing that you have this:

D:/tvshowname/tvshow.nfo

And in that tvshow.nfo you have described all eight episodes to the same location. Would this be correct?

If yes, then all you need to do is make TWO tvshow.nfo. One for each folder. Now open them in Notepad++ and correct their contents. The one in D: would describe shows s01e01-e04. And the E: version would describe shows s01e05-e08.

Am I thinking on the right lines now? Can you post the contents of this nfo file to the forum.
You were spot on my friend...thanks.
(2016-05-09, 13:48)proline Wrote: You were spot on my friend...thanks.
It often helps to have a second set of eyes look at a problem Wink Those NFO files are pretty powerful once you get your head around them. (Tip - install Notepad++ and associate it to .nfo)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Merging of same name directories across multiple drives issue.0