Req Reload from NFO
Lightbulb 
This is my complaint with all the Media Managers I've found, they are WAY too dependent on the "Known" Info sites.

I use TV Show formats to keep various other online video organized (YouTube Channels, Video sites, etc) I also have written a c# program that pulls down a lot of those infos and writes them to NFO automatically (if any of these Media managers had an scraper API I'd be happy to write plugins for them) but after the initial NFO read most of these require a reload of the entire app or the entire database in order to load info from a SINGLE NFO. Either that or I'm overlooking the option to do so.
this has been requested quite often now, but there are still too much open "problems" how to handle that:

reloading an external NFO will cause a difference between the data we have in tmm vs what is in the NFO: where is the "right" data to take from?
This will result in a merging problem we've avoided so far (because there is a small user group which is affected by this problem).

btw: we have an official API which is in preparation for the next big release right now (https://github.com/tinyMediaManager/api-scraper), but still needs some fine tuning
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
I don't see the problem. He is deliberately wanting to override what your sources have for NFO files he has created. Who cares if it diverges from imdb or tvdb etc. By pointing to a movie or several movies and specifying Use MY NFO, he is taking over. You know...... Kind of like Kodi being instructed to use local NFO files. TMM doesn't need the customized data. Some of us are pretty intelligent. Some of us like doing strange things with your software. Why not embrace that? If there is a cost that is needed to make it make sense, state that. If I wanted a feature that was weird and not very much in demand, but you could do it in half an hour, state the charge. I pay you or you don't do it.

Look, I absolutely love your software. I just don't get why you are seemingly unreceptive to roles that you haven't considered. I asked about a mobile phone version that could be used as a movie lookup tool. I have had to resort to crappy apps that want box barcodes. They suck. They won't use nfo files to create a catalog. I modified your export to get imdb numbers in a file, but the resulting library has many errors. I have 3000 movies. I don't want to scan that much.

At least let people know what needs to be done to access their TMM database directly. Then apps can be developed to use that database.
(2016-05-10, 11:22)mlaggner Wrote: this has been requested quite often now, but there are still too much open "problems" how to handle that:

reloading an external NFO will cause a difference between the data we have in tmm vs what is in the NFO: where is the "right" data to take from?
This will result in a merging problem we've avoided so far (because there is a small user group which is affected by this problem).

btw: we have an official API which is in preparation for the next big release right now (https://github.com/tinyMediaManager/api-scraper), but still needs some fine tuning

The whole point is the data I'm using is NOT from TVDB, IMDB, or any given data source used by the scraper system in tiny media manager. Reloading from NFO means whatever custom Data I have SHOULD BE USED IN THE DATABASE. that's why I'm loading from the NFO. To update the database in TMM with the right info. This gives me the oppritunity to custom edit without having to re-write all the info I've pulled down already. I don't care for IMDB, TVDB or TMDB IDs or linkage (because my custom videocasts and home movies aren't going to have any links or references in these sites)

(2016-05-12, 08:13)efigalaxie Wrote: I don't see the problem. He is deliberately wanting to override what your sources have for NFO files he has created. Who cares if it diverges from imdb or tvdb etc. By pointing to a movie or several movies and specifying Use MY NFO, he is taking over. You know...... Kind of like Kodi being instructed to use local NFO files. TMM doesn't need the customized data. Some of us are pretty intelligent. Some of us like doing strange things with your software. Why not embrace that? If there is a cost that is needed to make it make sense, state that. If I wanted a feature that was weird and not very much in demand, but you could do it in half an hour, state the charge. I pay you or you don't do it.

Look, I absolutely love your software. I just don't get why you are seemingly unreceptive to roles that you haven't considered. I asked about a mobile phone version that could be used as a movie lookup tool. I have had to resort to crappy apps that want box barcodes. They suck. They won't use nfo files to create a catalog. I modified your export to get imdb numbers in a file, but the resulting library has many errors. I have 3000 movies. I don't want to scan that much.

At least let people know what needs to be done to access their TMM database directly. Then apps can be developed to use that database.

I also don't see the problem.

I love TMM too and would love for it to be my media editor, but i have lots of stuff going on that TMM can't handle because it seems to only want to tie everything to online sites. And [the great majority] of my stuff is custom downloaded, custom made, or custom collections. Basically because ripping my Movies and TV shows is slow going, and I'm not about to resort to piracy to make it go faster. But downloading LEGAL sequential videos and movies and making homemade music videos & movies is a faster process and needs indexing. Unfortunately all the tools for indexing compatible with Kodi are tied to getting metadata from "the usual places" and are not friendly towards custom content.
Current workaroundaround is, to remove the movie from database, and freshly import it again (update datasource)
Since 99% of all our metadata is already stored in NFO, there should be no problem...

Problem here are the different requirements of "reloading".
Should we drop everything from DB and freshly read the NFO?
Should we keep everything, and only overwrite metadata from NFO?
Should we just reload some specific tags from NFO (eg watched, playcount)?
Should we just .....?

We are aware of this "problem"; and have already some ideas in our todo list...
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice :)
Wanna help translate TMM ?
The simple option is to clear out previous data and read in the new. That is a delete and insert sequence. The next is to overwrite that info that is different than the NFO file. The next option is to provide checkboxes for every single possible field. Only checked fields get updated. Obviously, there must be some standard for the composition of the NFO file.

You are using a new database system. Can you point me to a good dbms for it?

By the way,
I consider this media manager the best of those which I have used. I love that it is portable. I love that it writes nothing to the registry. I wish more programs were like this.

When I fuss, it isn't that I am ungrateful, it is that I see the potential and I want you to realize that potential.

I hope at some point that you put something like this out for music.
we'll think about it - stay tuned Wink

Quote:You are using a new database system. Can you point me to a good dbms for it?
well, unfortunately not.
It's not a relational database with tables and so on, it's an object related DB, were we store complete Java objects serialized as JSON (H2 MVStore)
We don't care about structures, the DB does everything for us.
From a developers point of view, this comes very handy; working completely transparent with the database.

For accessing the database outside, this is not so easy.
You need half of the TMM classes, to know it's structure, to work with...
So currently only possible as "programmatic way"
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice :)
Wanna help translate TMM ?
(2016-05-23, 13:02)myron Wrote: we'll think about it - stay tuned Wink

Thanks. Like efigalaxie, I only have complaints because TMM is so close to everything i need that i want to push it in the direction i feel it is lacking, not to take away from its brilliance.
Ok so now its getting annoying because I'm getting crashes and the database is out of sync with the nfo files it JUST wrote prior to the crash, and the only way to reload the nfos properly is to Initialize the database which marks EVERYTHING as new on rescan. This is a NEEDED feature. And since the program reads NFOs anyway why is the ability to rescan from NFO not manually available for individual episodes/movies/tvshows?
(2016-05-22, 07:57)efigalaxie Wrote: The simple option is to clear out previous data and read in the new. That is a delete and insert sequence.

this is my preffered option, and a necessary option for people who do any editing outside of TMM. And since the NFO file is what's going to read into Kodi and is most likely the more permanent metadata it should override the database in my opinion. Plus all it requires programmatically is a GUI interface to the already programmed nfo read functions. And I'm studying the source code myself now to integrate this feature on my own.

Quote:The next is to overwrite that info that is different than the NFO file.

This is a good option to have for synching the database with the nfo.

Quote:The next option is to provide checkboxes for every single possible field. Only checked fields get updated. Obviously, there must be some standard for the composition of the NFO file.

This is an interesting option but requires more programming than the other two options. And not one that i would endorse myself, but neither would i shoot down the option.

Quote:I consider this media manager the best of those which I have used. I love that it is portable. I love that it writes nothing to the registry. I wish more programs were like this.
When I fuss, it isn't that I am ungrateful, it is that I see the potential and I want you to realize that potential.

^^^ Exactley THIS ^^^^

I'm not asking for a re-write of the scanning feature, just a Manual re-scan capability for individual shows episodes and movies
we did not forget about this, but from the actual point of development it would be better to include that along with our new NFO parsing logic (v3)
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Reload from NFO0