File manager multi-task features like background tasks like file copying and moving?
how would install any of these?

http://www.koders.com/cpp/fid34F77C1E44E...=rssreader
Are you asking if there's a way to get this functionality by "installing" that c++ file?

There isn't.
no i just want to know how to add those scripts or code to xbmc
The XBMC c++ code has to be recompiled with the patch, and then you'd have to write your own python script to take advantage of it.

If you don't have the necessary software and experience I'd recommend waiting until I've written a proper patch and submitted it to the devs.

I've no idea how long this will take..

Also bear in mind there's no guarantee that it would be accepted.
thanks I appreciated
well guys I'm hoping somebody is working on this..... cant wait until this feature is available
I am really interested with helping out with this feature but I am unsure of where to begin with as I have never coded anything in XBMC before. ragawu can you point me to where I can learn to code for this feature please.
basically; you need to do something equivalent to

CGUIDialogVideoScan / VideoInfoScanner
or
CGUIDialogMusicScan / MusicInfoScanner
And take a look at CDownloadQueue and CDownloadQueueManager in the sourcecode.
Would you guys be able to fix the file transfer status window so that it displays active transfers in the background, leaving me free to do other things in xbmc (like how xbox 360 has its own 'view active downloads' page on a blade)? Sometimes we need to transfer big files and/or over somewhat slower connections, and thats all we can do when we do it in xbmc.. sit there and wait for the bars to finish moving, but it would be nice to also watch a movie or listen to some music or play around with the xbmc settings while this is going on...

TksIA!
Please use "Search"
shoot sorry dude i did search but then i did a further search after this and found the thread
Hi, what do you think about to add multi selection in explorer and copying in backround? When you want to copy some big file(movie full hd) from pendrive it takes long time so i think it will be good to have it in background.
Hi guys,

is there any update on this? There are several parts of XBMC that already run in background, like adding music to library or loading epg infos at startup. But i think the most usefull thing to run in background is filetransfer since that wastes most time where XBMC is not usable...
Hi there

just wanted to know what the status of this is?!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
File manager multi-task features like background tasks like file copying and moving?2