EPG search timer arriving
(2016-12-29, 14:36)FernetMenta Wrote:
(2016-12-28, 22:56)Spirou Wrote:
(2016-12-28, 21:13)FernetMenta Wrote: I don't have channel=any implemented
That's strange because any channel is the first option I can select from the channel drop down list when configuring an EPG based timer rule. Very confusing if an option can be selected which is actually not supported or implemented.

Right, but unfortunately the PVR api has no method to tell Kodi that the timer rule does not support all channels.

EDIT: at least I can make timer rule creation fail, if any is selected.

I will put this api extension on my to-do list for Kodi v18.
Thanks!
Ok, thanks for clarifying. I was hoping to create a general timer rule searching for a specific title over all channels, like I can do from the guide with "Find similar". Couldn't that ("find similar") be triggered on a regular base to create timers from kodi instead of passing the task to the pvr directly?
You can do this yourself. Use "find similar" and use the context menu of any of the found events to "record" what is of interest for you.

But please note that the backend is possibly able to find events not available in Kodi, for instance, because you set the days for epg events to fetch from the backend to only 3 days. "find similar" only finds what's available to Kodi locally.
Yes, I am using it already that way. Sometimes I miss a program and it is re-broadcasted on another channel. With "find similar" I can easily spot the next broadcast and schedule it for recording.

As in this case, the vdr backend does not seem to be able to search all channels for a given program/title I had hoped one could trigger "find similar" on a recurring schedule (e.g. once EPG has been updated) and then automatically add a new timer for any matching event.

Maybe. if "any channel" cannot be implemented, it would be possible to select multiple channels from the channel list to create one or multiple EPG based timer rules?

Anyway, thanks a lot for looking into this.
Hello FernetMenta,

thanks for the great work on integrating Kodi with vdr. EPG search timer was what I was waiting for.

Unfortunately I can't get them to work.

I'm using vdr-2.2.0 on Ubuntu 16.04 as backend and updated it with version 1.5.2 of the vdr-plugin-vnsiserver from your git repo.

Jan 5 16:56:51 rotsrv1 vdr: [23005] loading plugin: /usr/lib/vdr/plugins/libvdr-vnsiserver.so.2.2.0
Jan 5 16:56:51 rotsrv1 vdr: [23005] initializing plugin: vnsiserver (1.5.2): VDR-Network-Streaming-Interface (VNSI) Server
Jan 5 16:56:51 rotsrv1 vdr: [23005] starting plugin: vnsiserver
Jan 5 16:56:51 rotsrv1 vdr: [23005] VNSI: Starting vnsi server at port=34890

As frontend I'm using the latest LibreELEC 7.09.010 Alpha which contains Kodi v17-beta7. The Add-on VDR VNSI Client is reported as 2.6.11.

Live-TV works and I can see all the timers created by search timer rules I've setup using the vdradmin-am webinterface directly on the server.
But the timer rules are not shown in the Kodi frontend and it seems I can't add a new search rule either.

The "Add timer" dialog below "Timer rules" looks exactly like the dialog below "Timers". No way to enter a search string or anything.

When trying to add a timer fom the EPG I get a "Timer rule creation failed. The PVR add-on does not support a suitable timer rule type." error message.

Is there something I am missing?

Regards
yumar
(2017-01-05, 18:51)yumar Wrote: I'm using vdr-2.2.0 on Ubuntu 16.04 as backend and updated it with version 1.5.2 of the vdr-plugin-vnsiserver from your git repo.

You need vdr 2.3.1 to get this working. It is hard to find prepackaged, so I decided to compile it myself from the sources.

If you have vdr 2.2.0 installed you may just replace the vdr binary, and , if you're using vdr plugins, exchange the plugin lib files with the ones compiled with vdr 2.3.1. However, be aware that not all plugins are compatible with vdr 2.3.1. In practice, though, I found you don't really need the extra plugins when you're using kodi as the frontend
Too bad... is there a reason to base this on 2.3.1?

Since 2.3.1 is not really that common supporting 2.2.0 would make this useful to a lot more people.

Never compiled vdr myself, now I need to figure out how to do that.
btw: 2.6.14 is currently the version supposed to be used with Krypton.
Do I need the epgsearch plugin for 2.3.1?

Trying to compile it I get an error

*** Plugin epgsearch:
grep: /opt/source/vdr-2.3.1/PLUGINS/src/epgsearch/Makefile: Ist kein Verzeichnis
ERROR: plugin epgsearch doesn't honor APIVERSION - not compiled!
epgsearch plugin is outdated and not maintained anymore. therefore I decided to implement required functions in vnsiserver directly.
Which plugins do we need to install for vdr 2.3.1 at least to get the full pvr function of kodi krypton?

Greetings Hoppel
frontend: nvidia shield tv 2019 pro | apple tv 4k | sonos arc 5.1.2 | lg oled65c97la
backend: supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon | 64gb ecc | wd red | zfs raid-z2 | dd max s8

software: debian | proxmox | openmediavault | docker | kodi | emby | tvheadend | fhem | unifi
Just install the vdr-vnsiserver plugin (latest release 1.5.2) and you're good. That's all you need for kodi.
Fine. Do you know, if the live plugin is compatible?
frontend: nvidia shield tv 2019 pro | apple tv 4k | sonos arc 5.1.2 | lg oled65c97la
backend: supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon | 64gb ecc | wd red | zfs raid-z2 | dd max s8

software: debian | proxmox | openmediavault | docker | kodi | emby | tvheadend | fhem | unifi
(2017-01-05, 22:10)FernetMenta Wrote: epgsearch plugin is outdated and not maintained anymore. therefore I decided to implement required functions in vnsiserver directly.

I always thought vnsiserver is a plugin to handle remote communication... now it does searchtimers too? Is that a good design decision?

How can I manage search timers through a webinterface if I use 2.3.1 with vnsiserver?
Are they available in vdradmin-am so I can manage them if the Kodi frontend is not running?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
EPG search timer arriving0