EPG search timer arriving
vnsiserver is a lot more than just communication. The biggest part is the demuxer.

There is no limit of functions that can be done by a plugin. I don't want to maintain an additional plugin and want to offer this functionality exclusively for vnsi users.

Quote:How can I manage search timers through a webinterface if I use 2.3.1 with vnsiserver?

SVDRP needs to be implemented for vnsi serchtimers. Then you can control them outside of vnsi.
To hopppel & yumar:

The vdradmin-am plugin is compatible with vdr 2.3.x and gives you the option to remotely control vdr, including timers, via a web gui (might require installation of the epgsearch plugin which seems to have been reworked to run with vdr 2.3.x). The live plugin is no longer actively maintained and does not run with vdr 2.3.x (afaik).

However, I think it is a worthwhile discussion, if some pvr functionalities, e.g. timer programming, should be integrated in the kodi web gui. The new default ui has already extended on features and to my point of view it should also have a (basic) tv guide implemented with the ability to schedule timers.

I have no idea how much of an effort that is, but I'd guess many users would appreciate leveraging a single tool to control kodi remotely, rather than relying on a bunch of tools required for the various backends. Just my 2c
This weekend I updated my Wetek Play to the latest LibreELEC 7.95.1 Beta based on Kodi Krypton 17.0-RC3 really looking forward to finally get the Mediaplayer I was waiting for.

Of course I was disappointed as the vdr backend coming with LibreELEC is 2.2.0 and not 2.3.1.

Don't get me wrong, it is great what you do, but why not make it useful to people? Why base this on a development version of vdr rarely anybody uses?

If these enhancements to the vnsiserver plugin had been based on vdr 2.2.0 with the epgsearch plugin a lot of people could have used and enjoyed it.
Now it is kind of a private playground useable only for a few.
(2017-01-29, 17:05)yumar Wrote: This weekend I updated my Wetek Play to the latest LibreELEC 7.95.1 Beta based on Kodi Krypton 17.0-RC3 really looking forward to finally get the Mediaplayer I was waiting for.

Of course I was disappointed as the vdr backend coming with LibreELEC is 2.2.0 and not 2.3.1.

Don't get me wrong, it is great what you do, but why not make it useful to people? Why base this on a development version of vdr rarely anybody uses?

If these enhancements to the vnsiserver plugin had been based on vdr 2.2.0 with the epgsearch plugin a lot of people could have used and enjoyed it.
Now it is kind of a private playground useable only for a few.

This is the Kodi support forum. Kodi is not libreelec. Please give your libreelec feedback in the libreelec support forum. Thanks.
Well, I am giving my feedback to the Kodi developer who is doing the vdr integration. I think this is the right forum for that.
(2017-01-29, 18:13)yumar Wrote: Well, I am giving my feedback to the Kodi developer who is doing the vdr integration. I think this is the right forum for that.

Wrong forum, as Kodi does not come with packaged vdr and the developer doing vdr integration for Kodi is not involved in the libreelec project.
Hmm, seems you are heading in the other direction? You want that stuff works with 2.2.0, right? I guess the dev has good technical reasons for requiring 2.3.1.
Indeed, I have good reasons. In order to make this work for < 2.3.x, you would need masses of ifdefs in the code because VDR changed api on how to access a lot of VDR's structure.

Nobody holds you or distros back from using 2.3.x. Only because 2.2.0 was flagged "stable" does not mean it is in any way more stable than 2.3.x. 2.3.1 was released 16 months ago and 2.3.2 just before Christmas.
That is not the point. Of course nobody is holding any distro back from using 2.3.1, It is just not happening.
Not in Ubuntu, not in YADR, not in OpenELEC, not in LibreELEC. As far as I can see nobody is providing a 2.3.1 backend.
And since 2.3.2 is out I suppose 2.3.1 is already obsolete...

You developed a great feature nobody can use (and I'd really love to) because you require a backend that is just not available.

I understand that from your point of view not having masses of ifdefs in your code is cleaner.
But I believe it would be more valueable to have messy code people use than having clean code nobody can use.
IMO the problem is that many vdr plugins are not maintained anymore and would break with 2.3.x. Even VDR developer Klaus is involved in a thread dealing with this problem. Those unmaintained plugins prevent progress. Just let them die. You won't get hevc (h265) with 2.2.0 either. This version is outdated.

btw: vdr 2.3.x is available on Linux distros

Ununtu:
https://launchpad.net/~aap/+archive/ubuntu/vdr-testing

Gentoo:
https://gpo.zugaina.org/media-video/vdr
Just as commented by "FernetMenta" I think one of the main reasons for 2.2.x and 2.3.x in VDR/VNSI and this topic is VDR's own EPGSearch plugin. It works smoothly until version 2.2.x but as I understand fails badly in 2.3.x which causes the need for new EPG Search functionality introduced here. There is probably none in the world still who can figure out how that old plugin is made. At least this was my impression in vdr forums. So we 2.2.x users can manage pretty well with old VDR pluging but if you go on 2.3.x you need something else. And it makes no sense to build this new plugin introduced here for old version as in old version there is a working solution and no such urgent need as in latest version. So building new EPG Search functionality for older VDR is most likely just waste of valuable development resources. So requiring 2.3.x VDR for new EPG search tool makes a lot of sense.

Actually the very good EPGSearch plugin in VDR has kept me running 2.2.x still in my setup as it does plenty of automation I have inputted during the past years and moving to new one is a labourous task. However this new development opens me possibility to go 2.3.x and due that it is very valuable new development - definetly not obsolete. Many early adopters have already moved to latest VDR and this is very valuable to them. So 2.3.x is definetly used though I am not one of them - yet.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
EPG search timer arriving0