Caching in latest LE builds
(2016-05-11, 23:44)Milhouse Wrote: @username145 - test build #0511 with buffermode=0.

Works great, many thanks to both of you!
(2016-05-08, 07:23)Milhouse Wrote: Yes, changed since #0502 after PR9681.

You can replace the above settings with:
Code:
<cache>
        <memorysize>0</memorysize>
        <buffermode>0</buffermode>
        <readfactor>50.0</readfactor>
    </cache>

Just checking is it readfactor or readbufferfactor
Kodi wiki has readbufferfactor http://kodi.wiki/view/how-to:modify_the_video_cache

Frank
Read the source code, specifically the changes in PR:9681. It's readfactor.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Trying to disable buffering entirely, but I don't think the setting is working.

I see CACHE_BUFFER_MODE_NONE defined in xbmc/settings/AdvancedSettings.h. But in searching the repository, I can't see it used anywhere. I know nothing about C++, so maybe it's referenced in a way I don't understand or is it just missing?
(2016-05-13, 03:47)doug Wrote: Trying to disable buffering entirely, but I don't think the setting is working.

I see CACHE_BUFFER_MODE_NONE defined in xbmc/settings/AdvancedSettings.h. But in searching the repository, I can't see it used anywhere. I know nothing about C++, so maybe it's referenced in a way I don't understand or is it just missing?

Caching is only enabled for the non-NONE modes, so if you select NONE then you should get no caching.

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...pp#L71-L74
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2016-05-13, 03:20)Milhouse Wrote: Read the source code, specifically the changes in PR:9681. It's readfactor.

Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Caching in latest LE builds0