Linux How to hide external USB drives under videos?
I'm trying to lock Kodi down so that users can't browse through my filesystem and/or play any video they find. Kodi has a nice feature that allows me set a master password to add any video sources and that works perfectly for all my internal drives. It seems however that is totally ignored for external USB drives. These show up under videos as "1.82 TB drive" (2TB drive) for example even if they aren't mounted and I've never added them as a video source. I use this external USB drive as a backup or personal documents/photos/videos. I do not want these accessible to any friend/family member who happens to be visiting and using my HTPC. How do I disable this "feature"?
Did you ever find a solution for this? i'm in a similar situation.
Hey guys! Welcome to the forum.
I only use external drives and a NAS.

When setting a master lock in System, you can specify what is locked. (Make sure you're on Expert). ---left...bottom...tab through access levels---

Mine is set so that nobody can access SETTINGS, PICTURES, SOURCES, FILES without putting in a password. MOVIES and TV work fine.
You can do the same for addons and music. Alternately, you can setup a PROFILE for everyone else. Login MASTER for you, log out when done. I have that as well. The grandparents have the same limited access, but I also only point the MOVIES to a specified folder or individual movies I picked.

I think, from what I can gather, you are just wanting to hide it from the VIDEOS tab. You can lock a source independently with the context menu, in most cases. You can also just delete or lock the VIDEOS area and let KODI distribute the videos where they go (TV, Movies, Music Videos, etc based on how you scanned them in).

If still an issue, you could maybe search to see if there is a more comprehensive addon that will lock what you need.

Hope that helps.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to hide external USB drives under videos?0