Solved Rename *.jpeg to *.jpg
I have come across one instance where Tiny Media Manager downloaded poster.jpeg from tvdb. Unfortunately kodi only looks for *.jpg files, and not *.jpeg. Having discussed this with others, it seems that this is hardcoded and intentional to help speed up scanning, and with data being stored on network accessed storage becoming more popular it's sensible to limit the range of files being scanned for. I also went on the tvdb forums, and suggested that for new uploads they automatically rename *.jpeg files to *.jpg, but scanning through their entire database and renaming any *.jpeg files isn't going to happen obviously. They suggested a better solution though, which is to simply have Tiny Media Manager rename the files when it scrapes them.

So, this would be a really simple thing to do, which would fix a small problem, and make Tiny Media Manager just that little bit better to use together with Kodi.

Thanks for the great program!
Thanks for this hint - I've added this to our ToDo list for the next version
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
will be in 2.8
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Rename *.jpeg to *.jpg0