Playing a video, how to overlay picture or blank
Does anyone know a way to overlay a picture onto a video playing, or blank it from showing entirely (while not actually exiting the video)?

I also need a way to remove the picture/blanking.
Skin an imagecontrol ontop. Works nicely. Is that not enough?
Do you have any code or know of any add-ons that do it?

I need to be able to programmatically overlay an image and remove it. It will be used to block footage for a period or show something else. Can that be done the way you mentioned?
xbmcgui.WindowDialog + xbmcgui.ControlImage with 1280x720 size.

Code:
import xbmcgui

dialog = xbmcgui.WindowDialog()
image = xbmcgui.ControlImage(0, 0, 1280, 720, '/path/to/my/image.jpg')
dialog.addControl(image)
dialog.show()
# Do something
dialog.close()

Technically you can also attach a ControlImage to a full-screen video but currently it is not possible to size it properly because there is no way to obtain current skin resolution.
If you have control of the skin used you can make the overlay image in a proper resolution in the xml skin files and trigger visible/hidden animations from script.
Thanks guys
It almost does what I need...it's actually TV that I'm adding this control to, but when I do no buttons work, e.g. program up/down buttons on my TV's remote control (which make their way to Kodi via CEC).

The window in use is fullscreenvideo. It looks like the solution might be in ensuring remote control presses are still handled when an image control is being shown on this window? Any ideas of where to look if this is the right path?

Also, this is less important, but what if I wanted to play a sound as well? Could I still keep the video playing but mute it and play some sound? Or would I have to stop that video and play a music file?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Playing a video, how to overlay picture or blank0