iOS Unexpected token, wanted '{', '}', '[', ']'.......
It's the first time I launch the app on my iPhone 6s.
Kodi Remote, perfectly detect all my conf...
I just add my username and my password at the right place but...

When I click on the line with my conf name and my IP adress I had this at the top (just under Kodi's logo) :
Code:
Unexpected token, wanted '{', '}', '[', ']'.......

Is there a solution for that ?
Thx a lot
yep, damn I need to watch again this routine... try to set in kodi a simple plain username and password
Same issue with me. User name and password is set to "kodi". Any big fix in the making?
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
@steve1977, double check all the input fields or better create a new instance. That message means that a non simple ascii letter is found into the input fields.
Thanks for your quick repply. The word "kodi" has no non-ascii character? ;-) I can recreate. I need to set both user name and PW (as I have now) or can leave a field empty (which I prefer)?
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
nope, my guess is that you may have wrote something wrong into the password field (that can't be read) or something wrong into the ip field. Yes, you can leave an empty password. Let me know how it ends Smile
I wish this was the reason, but it is not. I even rewrote both user name and ID several times. IP cannot be wrong either as it is auto-detected. Let me try it again tonight.

My suspicion is that it may be related to me using a Krypton nightly? For some other reasons, it is hard for me to roll back to Jarvis though.
meh, understood. Just installed current master just to see if the issue was here, but it's working as expected. Also my guess about strange chars seems wrong, I'm trying to replicate the issue but, in this case, the message says "unsupported url". Seems that kodi's json answer isn't good, but before blaming kodi I need to be sure that it isn't an app issue. Can you produce a kodi debug log, with json component enabled? Maybe there is some clue there.

Also, are you able to connect to kodi without any issue via the web interface?
Thanks for your help. Let me give it another try when I get back home tonight. I had checked retyping the username and password (both in Kodi and the app) and had auto-detected the IP. Also, had tried the web-interface before and it is working (shows up in browser, have not tried doing anything with it).

One additional information. The non-working client runs on LE. I have one other client which is actually working (OE).

Let me give it another shot tonight and report back with a log.
Sorry to bump this thread but was this ever solved? I am getting the same issue with multiple iOS apps and the web interface from my desktop times out when attempting to connect. I am getting the token error. My username is simply set as kodi and I have tried no password and a password of kodi but to no avail.

I have posted my log to the JSON forum

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=280792
Change the PORT kodi uses. I chose another random port (i. e. 1699) and it works :-).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Unexpected token, wanted '{', '}', '[', ']'.......0