Video Studder
Not sure if I am explaining this right but I cannot get rid of a small video studder or shudder. Don't want to get it confused with a digital shadow or pixelating this seems to either stop for a small 1/4 of a second or misses frames my cpu usage is around 15% so I am pretty sure my computer is not suspect I have tweeked many setting including adjust video display refresh rate and sync playback to display and I can see a small difference when both are checked off. It happens more when a new scene will start and it may only do it about 20 times a movie just enough to always be looking for it. I have a wd live streaming media player that I used before this and I had zero problems with it the video always played smoothly. My operating system is windows 10 and I am running through a pioneer elite surround sound 7.1 Samsung televison that supports 1080P 24Hz the referesh rate on this is 240 I even tried a suggested work around in another post to manually set the refresh rate on my PC and no difference. I am not real savy to kodi but I know it should work flawlessly and really hope to correct this annoying issue when responding please remember I am not super computer or Kodi savy so please have patience thanks in advance for your help
Quote:I am not super computer or Kodi savy
Nether am I, but this sounds like a gfx card issue. Might want to seek out a new driver, check against this thread http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=146911and if you're still in the unknown, please post a link to your proper debug log posted to a public paste-bin and linked back to this thread.
(2016-05-10, 01:21)PatK Wrote:
Quote:I am not super computer or Kodi savy
Nether am I, but this sounds like a gfx card issue. Might want to seek out a new driver, check against this thread http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=146911and if you're still in the unknown, please post a link to your proper debug log posted to a public paste-bin and linked back to this thread.

Ok First off thanks for your reply I read that post and it is a post I looked at before but I spent more time absorbing it's content and trying to figure out what they were talking about. I did update my microsoft driver to my knowlledge with my operating system it says to update driver not remove it if I read it correctly and the audio the only way I could get t to show the hd audio formats was in passthrough and I have been running the system like that from the get go so I took it off passthrough and it changed to PCM and just today got a chance to try a movie and it is still the same so the next thing you asked was a file I have a program that I think is what your after you click on it and it runs a check or whatever and send you a link via Email I tested it the other day and it was sent I just did it after I was having the problem watching a movie and I have not received the link as of yet. So is this debug file have to be run while encountering problem or in the same session or is it just to show setting? If I haven't heard back from you before I get it I can put it on here. Once again thanks for the help
Here's a link that should help you out. http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=146911

You can also try within Kodi to toggle in settings>video>acceleration>software rendering and flip the DXVA2 switch, but go through the above link first, you may get lucky.

The debug log. Log file/Easy (wiki) or Log file/Advanced (wiki) I find the easiest way of handling it, is to use something like notepad, go into your folder here C:\Users\tm22493\AppData\Roaming\Kodi and copy the Kodi.log using the cut & paste feature in notepad, then visit http://xbmclogs.com/ and use the paste feature to put up the log, then note the URL at the top of the page and post this link in your next message. But all this might be moot, if you find your issues repaired with the first part of this message.
(2016-05-13, 04:18)PatK Wrote: Here's a link that should help you out. http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=146911

You can also try within Kodi to toggle in settings>video>acceleration>software rendering and flip the DXVA2 switch, but go through the above link first, you may get lucky.

The debug log. Log file/Easy (wiki) or Log file/Advanced (wiki) I find the easiest way of handling it, is to use something like notepad, go into your folder here C:\Users\tm22493\AppData\Roaming\Kodi and copy the Kodi.log using the cut & paste feature in notepad, then visit http://xbmclogs.com/ and use the paste feature to put up the log, then note the URL at the top of the page and post this link in your next message. But all this might be moot, if you find your issues repaired with the first part of this message.
The reference you gave was the thread I was working on earlier I did try the acceleration to no luck here is the file you requested I hope it is what you needed I watched a movie for about a 1/2 hour possibly longer if you see some cpu spikes I was going in and out of settings

http://xbmclogs.com/polqtx7nx
Bumping to the front due to no response My earlier post should have the video file information requested
your log
Quote:The page you are looking for does not exist.
(2016-05-19, 06:36)PatK Wrote: your log
Quote:The page you are looking for does not exist.

well it was there is there a time limit on the file? Is it best to watch another movie and send the Log?
Have you looked at the OSD (keyboard 'o') while watching to see if there is fetch or bottle neck issues? Yes get a debug log up after you have experienced the issue. Usually these logs are good for 30 days... but somehow this one was missed.
(2016-05-20, 03:34)PatK Wrote: Have you looked at the OSD (keyboard 'o') while watching to see if there is fetch or bottle neck issues? Yes get a debug log up after you have experienced the issue. Usually these logs are good for 30 days... but somehow this one was missed.

I have looked at osd and to my knowledge looks good but there again not super sure what I am looking at was paying more attention to the CPU usage which seemed to spike at about 40 percent or so. Ok let hope this file works now I made alot of in movie adjustment trying different stuff not sure what you are able to see or what you are looking for but nothing I tried helped as usual I just have not been able to get rid of this occasional studder or chop or whatever it's called.

http://xbmclogs.com/pepsnw5to
First post you say your TV is set to 240hz? Is that correct or a typo? Try disabling any post processing on your TV.
(2016-05-20, 05:17)teeedubb Wrote: First post you say your TV is set to 240hz? Is that correct or a typo? Try disabling any post processing on your TV.

no to my knowledge it is not set to it it is capable of it I'm not sure how I would check to see if it is doing any post processing when I hit the info panel on the tv It mostley shows 1080P 60hz but when I play a bluray disc it will show 1080P 24hz and of course when I play my cable receiver it shows 1080P 60hz even though my cable is 1080i because it has a upscale built in it not sure I can set this to off at least I have not seen a setting for this.
You're looking for things like dropped frames, and high cpu/gfx usage in the osd. Anytime you have the word 'error; in your log it's an indication of trouble : ftw ERROR - This event is bad. Something has failed. You likely noticed problems with the application be it skin artifacts, failure of playback a crash, etc. and in your log you have 455 lines that start with an error, anyone one of which could bring your system down. Log file/Advanced (wiki) so to find these small bugs that slipped in is a bigger task. We need an outside perspective to pin it down to either one addition, your hardware, or some software conflagration.

So let's start with a fresh 'update of Kodi' as if you just got your machine without effecting the present build.

1) rename your C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi to C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi-old
2) rename your C:\Users\tm22493\AppData\Roaming\Kodi to C:\Users\tm22493\AppData\Roaming\Kodi-old

Quote:Starting Kodi 16.0
there is an update.16.1

Install Kodi ver 16.1 and prove the build is operational and works as expected. play a movie (file mode) and check if your video studder or shudder is gone? If it is then there's something in the old build that is causing this, and my suggestion would be to ignore the old build and install only the needed add-ons one at a time being ever watchful for the ordinal issue. If you find you're still experiencing the issue with the basic virgin install, then something in the hardware is incongruent with Jarvis, and you most likely have to revert to a prior iteration like Isnegard 15.2, although you might want ensure you have the latest gfx drivers. Rename the original build to revert back to what you have at anytime after you're deduced the logical path.
Hi,

i have the same video studder problem since Kodi 16.
I also get no passthrough for AC3-E since Kodi 16. With Kodi 15 there where no problems at all.

The log is a fresh Kodi 17 debug log with many ffmeg errors.

http://xbmclogs.com/pwzwkuypp

PS Sorry, that i couldn`t explain better, but my english is not very well.
If it's a slight shudder, your issue might be tied to something not covered by my last response. In settings> video> playback> sync play back to display (toggle off) might give borderline issues enough freedom to play smoothly. This thread covers some of the issue you might look at http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=146911 but in general, there is a very good possibility that your graphics engine is not working as well with dx11 as your previous dx 9 set-up.

I hate to say it, but 'fi it's not broke, don't fix it' might apply here.

@virus

Best you post your own thread, looking at your debug; I'm sure your issue might look the same as the op, but I doubt it's the same issue.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video Studder0