Video Studder
Ok just so I don't blow it I want to take it step by step what is the best way to install 16.1? Can I install it from the Kodi menus or do I download from the site and install like I did in the very beginning? and should I just use the default skin til I get this figured out?
(2016-05-10, 01:10)tm22493 Wrote: Not sure if I am explaining this right but I cannot get rid of a small video studder or shudder. Don't want to get it confused with a digital shadow or pixelating this seems to either stop for a small 1/4 of a second or misses frames my cpu usage is around 15% so I am pretty sure my computer is not suspect I have tweeked many setting including adjust video display refresh rate and sync playback to display and I can see a small difference when both are checked off. It happens more when a new scene will start and it may only do it about 20 times a movie just enough to always be looking for it. I have a wd live streaming media player that I used before this and I had zero problems with it the video always played smoothly. My operating system is windows 10 and I am running through a pioneer elite surround sound 7.1 Samsung televison that supports 1080P 24Hz the referesh rate on this is 240 I even tried a suggested work around in another post to manually set the refresh rate on my PC and no difference. I am not real savy to kodi but I know it should work flawlessly and really hope to correct this annoying issue when responding please remember I am not super computer or Kodi savy so please have patience thanks in advance for your help

I had a similar issue with my Samsung 120hz Tvs. Make sure you go into the TV settings on your TV itself and go to where the Smooth Motion setting is and select "CLEAR". That will eliminate at least some studder. Once I did that all my video playback became flawless.
(2016-05-21, 06:09)tm22493 Wrote: Ok just so I don't blow it I want to take it step by step what is the best way to install 16.1? Can I install it from the Kodi menus or do I download from the site and install like I did in the very beginning? and should I just use the default skin til I get this figured out?
Download the executable installer from the link at the top left of this page, the update from 16 to 16.1 is painless and you should not see changes, but perhaps the issue you had will be fixed. If not revert back to my previous post and my comment about 15.2
(2016-05-21, 16:08)PatK Wrote:
(2016-05-21, 06:09)tm22493 Wrote: Ok just so I don't blow it I want to take it step by step what is the best way to install 16.1? Can I install it from the Kodi menus or do I download from the site and install like I did in the very beginning? and should I just use the default skin til I get this figured out?
Download the executable installer from the link at the top left of this page, the update from 16 to 16.1 is painless and you should not see changes, but perhaps the issue you had will be fixed. If not revert back to my previous post and my comment about 15.2

Ok I first upgraded just as you said I just started a new hard drive that has 3 videos on it so I scanned that one and right of the bat like 3 minutes into it I seen a small studder and then more happened. So I still renamed 16.1 to 16.1 as you had me rename 16.0 to old and downloaed isenguard 15.2 I then scanned that hardrive and played it again it took a bit longer but I did notice a studder but it seemed smaller. So I was going to watch a video so I pulled the hardrive from my NAS plugged it into my PC rescanned and watched it I did a log again and I see errors. I did do the o thing and it said I had 0 dropped 2 skipped and PC said 2 can I do a log of this after I am done watching a movie kinda hard to watch it with it running? So I guess I am starting to think the problem is in the PC or the TV might try another TV plus I have made so many changes to my tv I need to hook up the WD again and see how it plays on it. I ill give you the link to the new log file
http://xbmclogs.com/pvgrwcdci
You get way more details in your log if debug is turned on. <loglevel>1</loglevel> in your advanced settings will make the debug silent, but still properly logging. Isengard & Jarvis are very different in the way they utilize direct x, so your issue might not be with Kodi at this point, I suspect the Intel® HD Graphics. Did you try VLC or Media Player Classic?
(2016-05-22, 02:11)PatK Wrote: You get way more details in your log if debug is turned on. <loglevel>1</loglevel> in your advanced settings will make the debug silent, but still properly logging. Isengard & Jarvis are very different in the way they utilize direct x, so your issue might not be with Kodi at this point, I suspect the Intel® HD Graphics. Did you try VLC or Media Player Classic?

Are these add ons for Kodi or do you mean run them from my windows programs? I know VLC is a downloadable program for windows so do you mean take kodi out of the loop all together?
Quote: do you mean take kodi out of the loop all together?

Yes, if the same issue happens with VLC or Windows Media Player when playing videos then the problem lies with your system, not with Kodi.
I am truly hopeful that is what PatK was trying to say.
Ok here is an update I tried vlc and it seemed to play the video good I then went out and purchased another tv and tried Kodi with it and it plays the videos fine so I am guessing it was something between kodi and my old tv I was able to, in a small way dupilcate it on the new tv when I started messing with the setting on it as soon as I pur\t everything back to default it was fine again Thanks for all your time and help on this matter

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video Studder0