Apple develop acct
if I pay the $99 for the develop acct with apple. can i install kodi on muti devices besides using my apple ID to there devices?
With the developer account you register the device unique identifier with apple and then you can sign code for it

You can register 100 of each device type I believed

So yes, one account can definitely be used without issue

You also get the ability to install beta versions of iOS, tvOS, and Mac OS
Install Kodi on iOS without a jailbreak: iOS App Signer — donations are gratefully accepted
ok do you have a how to steps on how to register unique identifer with apple and how to sign code?

this is where im getting the kodi from?

Will this work?

http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/darwin/tvos/
Yeah, that's correct

If you sign up for the paid account and go to make the blank project Xcode will automatically register the device as soon as you try to do something (click Fix Issue)

The only difference in the steps is that instead of the developer name being your email it will be your name
Install Kodi on iOS without a jailbreak: iOS App Signer — donations are gratefully accepted
The only difference in the steps is that instead of the developer name being your email it will be your name

where do I find the developer name where I change?

what step

Step 1: Download the latest nightly Kodi.deb file, the iOS App Signer, (save both to desktop and unzip the iOS App Signer) and make sure you have Xcode 7 installed.

Step 2: Connect your Apple TV to your Mac using a USB Type-C cable.

Step 3: Launch Xcode → click Create a new Xcode Project → select Application under tvOS → Single View Application, and click Next.

Step 4: In the Product name field, insert a unique name like KodiAppleTVforYourNameHere and click Next → Create

Step 5: Under the Team drop down box, select your personal team, and click the Fix Issue button to resolve provisioning issues. You will need to ensure that you are signed into Xcode with a free Apple developer account. You can learn how to do that using this tutorial.

Step 6: Ensure that your Apple TV is selected in the destination menu at the top of the screen. You can also click Product → Destination, and select Apple TV.

Step 7: Minimize Xcode and open the iOS App Signer.

Step 8: Click Browse on the iOS App Signer and select the Kodi.deb nightly file from the desktop.

Step 9: Select your Apple ID in the iOS App Signer’s Signing Certificate box.

Step 10: Select the Project name/bundle identifier you just created in Xcode in iOS App Signer’s Provisioning Profile box.

Step 11: Click Start in the bottom right-hand corner of the iOS App Signer, and the .IPA file for Kodi will be built and saved to the desktop.

Step 12: Open Xcode → Window → Devices and select the Apple TV

Step 13: Click the ‘+’ sign and select the .IPA file from the desktop and click Open. Kodi will now be deployed to your Apple TV

Step 14: Once finished, you should see the Kodi app on your Apple TV’s Home screen.

http://www.idownloadblog.com/2015/12/24/...pple-tv-4/
Step 5, it won't say personal team but most likely will be your name (whatever name you register the account under)

Here's a more recent video detailing the entire process

https://youtu.be/SI2_-RO10wg
(2016-05-10, 02:07)DanTheMan827 Wrote: With the developer account you register the device unique identifier with apple and then you can sign code for it

You can register 100 of each device type I believed

So yes, one account can definitely be used without issue

You also get the ability to install beta versions of iOS, tvOS, and Mac OS

I was going to sign up for one of these just for the beta's so i guess it's definitely worth it now.
(2016-05-11, 12:07)Steverae Wrote: I was going to sign up for one of these just for the beta's so i guess it's definitely worth it now.

Public betas have been free for a couple of cycles now.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think that another benefit is that the provisional profiles last 12 months instead of 3months..?
Macmini Server 2011 i7 Quad Core, OS 10.8.2, Amp Onkyo TX-SR308 USB WD drives 3x2TB TV Samsung Plasma 720p EyeTV Integration
There are only 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

(2016-05-12, 08:27)activate Wrote:
(2016-05-11, 12:07)Steverae Wrote: I was going to sign up for one of these just for the beta's so i guess it's definitely worth it now.

Public betas have been free for a couple of cycles now.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think that another benefit is that the provisional profiles last 12 months instead of 3months..?

tvOS 9.2 beta was never public (same for 9.2.1)

The iOS public betas are also usually delayed until a couple developer betas have been released as well

And yes, the profiles last 12 months for paid accounts
Well got my apple paid developer account..... lets hope memphiz keeps up the work on ATV4 platform.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Apple develop acct0