OPENELEC Sound Issue
Question 
So here is my issue...hoping someone can help me so I don't have to continually fix...(Same for Jarvis/Krypton)

When I start my machine (Zotac Box with Kabini processor), it loads without sound. I have to go to the system settings and change it away from the correct settings and then re-choose the correct setting...everything will then work until I reboot. Both sound and picture will now be correct.

The interesting part is that if I am set at 60fps, I do not get this issue...but all other settings (23.976 which I want) every time I reboot I would have to go through the steps. I have tried several different TVs with my box...always the same result if the TV could use different fps.

At the moment, I rather have the inconvenience of redoing the settings each time with the 23.976 fps than not have to do anything and run at 60 fps.

What I would love is either a more permanent answer or a way to write a script to basically run what I was manually doing when it starts...i.e. after the system is up (maybe pause a couple seconds) it would change the audio output away from the correct one and the pause a second or two and then switch back to the correct output.

My guess is it is a sync'ing thing
Kernel / HDMI handshake issue. See how to force an EDID via the OpenELEC wiki. That bug has nothing to do with kodi.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OPENELEC Sound Issue0