Brief silence at beginning of each video
I've been using Kodi/XBMC for windows for many years but I recently purchased a Raspberry Pi 3 for my living room and moved the older HTPC into another room. I'm running OSMC and everything works great except I'm having one issue and I'm not sure how to fix it. At the beginning of every video regardless of source or file type there is a brief maybe 3 seconds of silence before the sound starts. There is no delay or sync issue at all with the sound when it starts. Like it was on mute for a few seconds. I've tried setting the "keep audo alive" set to 5 minutes and it doesn't help. Is there a Pi setting that delays the HDMI audio that I need to change?
Is "adjust display refresh rate to match video enabled"? If so that will cause a few seconds for display/receiver to sync.
Does disabling that help?
No it's not enabled. I actually spent some time last night rechecking and I tried enabling it rebooting and trying and then disabling rebooting just to make sure that wasn't the issue.
Is the audio using HDMI? Straight to TV or through a receiver?
Do you have system/audio "output configuration" set to "optimized"? Does fixed make any difference?
Have you enabled omxplayer?
(2016-05-11, 22:28)popcornmix Wrote: Is the audio using HDMI? Straight to TV or through a receiver?

Straight HDMI to TV

(2016-05-11, 22:28)popcornmix Wrote: Do you have system/audio "output configuration" set to "optimized"? Does fixed make any difference?

Yes to Optimized...will check fixed tonight.

(2016-05-11, 22:28)popcornmix Wrote: Have you enabled omxplayer?

I didn't previously but I did enable it last night with no change.
(2016-05-11, 22:28)popcornmix Wrote: Do you have system/audio "output configuration" set to "optimized"? Does fixed make any difference?

This worked...set it to fixed and left it at 48 and the sound started instantly with the video...no muting.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Brief silence at beginning of each video0