No Keyboard inputs when video starts
Hi All,

On the last 16 rc and the new 16.1 stable I noticed when I select a video file to play either local or add-on the Working banner in the bottom right corner stays on for a few minutes and I cannot use any inputs from keyboard.

This clears after a few minutes then I cannot bring the screen info of stop the video. After forcing KODI to close it works for 1 or 2 videos but then happens again.

I've tried different keyboards, my phone remote and it still does it.

I've tried removing and re-installing a fresh install of KODI and the issue re-appears.

Just wondering if anyone has had this issue?

Thank.
A lot of this 'working banner' has to do with your internet bandwidth, and the connection on the other end, not to mention local hardware. Using the keyboard 'o' command to bring up the on screen OSD while playing a video will allow you to see bottle necks, and failures to fetch, with dropped frames or CPU/GPU at limits. In the case of streaming videos, your system is waiting for handshaking and data being sent from the 'other' end. If the video is local, then perhaps you have hit the limits of your graphic card, cpu/gpu or in some way Kodi is busy doing so many other things, the system becomes weighted down with calls.

Throw up a proper debug log, posted to public a paste-bin and linked back to this thread 'while having one of these issues'. Fpr the purposes of this issue, choose a local video.
Hi, my network is 150mb so pretty hefty. The PC is quad core so not slow. The issue is with local videos too. The working banner is faded as if it's trying to disappear but has locked and then no keyword input until it goes.

Last night I took the plunge and wiped my PC and put a fresh copy of windows 10 on it. Just need to install KODI again tonight. Hopefully this will fix it. I'm leaving off apps that I don't use too so may help.

Thanks
It's worth a try for sure, but you shouldn't have had to wipe out the entire build etc. If this is some setting, then usually deleting the guisettings.xml will do it. Your system seems capable, so the next issue might be what add-ons and their settings. It's not unheard of that add-ons overwrite native Kodi libraries and dependencies. You might want to confirm the working operation of Kodi prior to installing add-ons.
Back and running now. All working as it should. Only installed the add-ons I need. Must have been the crap on PC or a corrupt something in KODI.

Who knows? Just pleased its all working again as I love KODI.

Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No Keyboard inputs when video starts0