My Kodi Windows System Infected
It was this spinalcracker patch from this forum that I applied a few days before seeing the problem.
If I was Spinalcrack I think I'd be a bit pissed off with more than 1 person in this thread. He's probably nicer than me though.
Like I said in my post, I cannot confirm that this patched caused my issue but it was the last thing I changed on my system prior to seeing the problem. I was concerned as always when applying something new from a source I was not familiar with. It could have been something else that caused my issue but the timing leads me to be suspicious.

If I am the only one having an issue with his patch then it may have been something else. That's why I posted here.
why don't you post a debug log just to see if anything else could be causing an issue?
There is absolutely nothing in the Disclose.TV patch I linked that has anything at all to do with Malware of any kind. I literally took the addon from the official repo and changed a few lines of code in the scraper.py file so it would work with the changes the Disclose.tv site made to its html.

Anyone is free to open the file in notepad and take a look and see there is zero "malware" code there.

It was also recommended for me to do a pull request with my version to the official repo as Sphere has basically been mia for a while. see here: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2331972

I feel for the OP's concerns, but honestly, if you have any 3rd party repos installed on your kodi box, all it takes is any of the addons installed from them getting an update to produce what you are seeing. Correlation isn't causation.

The patch to disclose.tv is 100% clean and not part of your issue.
Is there any log I can get off it now without having to plug it back in and use it again? I'm a bit paranoid about virus activity. I always wipe systems clean and start over at any sign of viruses.
There will be 2 logs in your data folder - kodi.log and kodi.old.log - from the last 2 times kodi ran.
To find them:
Start - type %APPDATA%\kodi\ - press <Enter>
Open with a text editor, paste to xbmclogs.com, pastebin.com or similar and stick a link here.
They won't be debug logs, but better than nothing.
OK. I'll see if I can get them.
Here are my logs......I can probably get debug logs too but not sure if I could reproduce the issue while in debug mode.

regular logs

http://xbmclogs.com/pkqxbmso9
Quote: I was concerned as always when applying something new from a source I was not familiar with.
Really??
You are concerned yet you have more piracy add-ons that I can count.
This is ridiculous. You are right to be paranoid.
And bringing disclose add-on into the conversation as a possible cause . As if!
I'm open to being educated. Like I said, the disclose.tv addon patch was the last thing I changed on my system. Thats why I bring it up.
(2016-05-13, 01:36)ballzo Wrote: I'm open to being educated. Like I said, the disclose.tv addon patch was the last thing I changed on my system. Thats why I bring it up.

It is 100% not disclose.tv or the patch I posted - get rid of all the piracy repo's and addons and see if that cleans it up
How do I determine which ones those are?
(2016-05-13, 01:56)ballzo Wrote: How do I determine which ones those are?
It would be easier to do a clean install...
All of your repos -with the exception of this site's- are banned add-ons (wiki)
OK, thanks. I was wanting to do a linux build anyway.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
My Kodi Windows System Infected0