Nexus Player Kodi ServerWMC
Hi there, I was just wandering if anyone has any luck running Kodi on the Nexus Player for Live TV .
Setup Goes as Follows

. Windows 7 Media Center With ServerWmc as backend 120G SSD and 4TB HDD for Rec TV
. I have a Nexus Player Updated to Android 6.01 with Kodi 16 from the google play store .

Live TV (Australia) Channel 7 SD virtually unwatchable pauses buffer PQ is very ordinary. Pause the stream does not seem to help either. Hit Rec in Kodi and immediately play back the recording seems fine and is a work around ATM
Live TV Channel 70 HD seems to play fine no idea why
Ch 13 HD pixlated green squares
Overall am I wasting my time with a nexus player with live TV as it just seems to be so unreliable.
I also tried FireTV Stick and the results are much the

I was really after an all in one client and the nexus player nearly hit the mark as I can cast to it you would a chromecast but has a GUI to install Kodi and Plex also netflix runs at HD ect ect
I have never tried a nexus, but have you tried turning off hardware acceleration for video in kodi?
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
how I got my Nexus Player to work great is change the delay in the serverwmc settings to 3000.
<BufferDelayLiveMS>3000</BufferDelayLiveMS>

(2016-05-12, 05:03)copytec Wrote: Hi there, I was just wandering if anyone has any luck running Kodi on the Nexus Player for Live TV .
Setup Goes as Follows

. Windows 7 Media Center With ServerWmc as backend 120G SSD and 4TB HDD for Rec TV
. I have a Nexus Player Updated to Android 6.01 with Kodi 16 from the google play store .

Live TV (Australia) Channel 7 SD virtually unwatchable pauses buffer PQ is very ordinary. Pause the stream does not seem to help either. Hit Rec in Kodi and immediately play back the recording seems fine and is a work around ATM
Live TV Channel 70 HD seems to play fine no idea why
Ch 13 HD pixlated green squares
Overall am I wasting my time with a nexus player with live TV as it just seems to be so unreliable.
I also tried FireTV Stick and the results are much the

I was really after an all in one client and the nexus player nearly hit the mark as I can cast to it you would a chromecast but has a GUI to install Kodi and Plex also netflix runs at HD ect ect
(2016-05-12, 17:38)krustyreturns Wrote: I have never tried a nexus, but have you tried turning off hardware acceleration for video in kodi?

Sorry for the late reply .. if I turn off HW/A SD TV seems to play better but HD TV is a no go ..cannot watch
(2016-05-12, 17:38)krustyreturns Wrote: I have never tried a nexus, but have you tried turning off hardware acceleration for video in kodi?

I have disabled Mediacodec (Surface) and left the other one on and it playsback perfectly now but I have problems resuming a played file and ff/skipping recorded files.
When you start to play a file you watched before are you getting the question about whether to start from the beginning or resume where you left off?
(2016-05-30, 17:53)krustyreturns Wrote: When you start to play a file you watched before are you getting the question about whether to start from the beginning or resume where you left off?

Paste Bin Log

First of all thanks for the reply.

When i go to playback the recording a resume box pops up and my say start 20.36m if i click that it will just start from the begining. I think that I may have fixed that by un checking remux all recordings.

I do have a problem with CH90 HD in Australia and this may well be a Kodi issue. I have a recording of the voice and in the above log at about 7:00am i went to play the file and skip 10min the 10min again and a further 10min .. now most times it will frezze on the current frame but the audio has skipped ahead but the video never moves of that frame. I have also notice that when it does that the time line has not changed either. EG time line may say 5.53 press up to skip 10min audio changes pic frezzes on current frame and time line remains on 5.53 and never mover but the audio keeps playing.
Last night I recorded CH90 HD on My Media Center and On HD Homerun DRV. The Homerun DVR plays and Skips the HD file no problem in HD View But Not In Kodi HD View Add On. Same results as using Kodi PVR and ServerM|WMC. I added the Recorded TV Folder To Video Files and i get the same results. So i figure it must be a Kodi Issue
Since it is a direct playback problem it is a kodi issue (good analysis btw). I would save the file and submit it to them as a bug.
I finally got my Nexus Player KODI to access my HDHomerun Prime thru ServerWMC. I had to use an OTG cable with a USB gigabit Ethernet cord to get a hardwire connection. HD channels now work almost perfectly with minimal lag. Previously over wifi I was only able to view SD channels, because HD would lag horribly. I still have an issue with fast forwarding and rewinding, as it's still a bit sluggish.

My etherner adapter comes with 3 USB ports so I plugged in an OR receiver that can be programmed on my Harmony remote. I finally can ditch the nexus remote!

Sent from my Nexus 5X
Have been using Nexus Player + Kodi (SPMC) + Server WMC + Win7 MC + Ethernet connection for 6 months and gave up.

No matter how I fine tuned the settings/options (refresh rate, all the HW accelerations, deinterlace settings), I can't get the 1080i NHL Stanley Cup games to play 100% smoothly on a 50" 1080p TV. It's ok with regular 1080i TV shows but the jittery is noticeable with most fast moving sports games. I have been researching this issue in other forums (XDA, AC) but seems it's a known issue.

All the issues disappear, once I change the client to Intel + Openelec, holding all the other factors constant. Even a Dell Inspiron 3050 micro PC (w/ Intel Celeron CPU + 2GB ram) doesn't suffer the issues.

If you have a perfect 1080i MPEG2 playback, can you share your settings?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Nexus Player Kodi ServerWMC0