Help with organising Music on XBMC Please
Photo 
Hi All,

Hope everyone's well.

New to the forum and recently set up my KODI (V16.0) server on windows 7 and XBMC (not sure of the version right now since i am at work) client on my Raspberry PI. Which works well right now but i need some help with the music tab on the Client (XBMC).

I have a 140gb collection of music which has been organised with each artist in a folder, with the music and subfolder inside as shown in the below pic. When i add the library/files to KODI (server), it displays exactly how its organised, which I am happy with.

The problem is on the client (XBMC). When I add the library via uPNP, it does not display my Music like the server does, but rather sorts it out into Genre, Recently Added, Songs etc... I would rather have it displayed like the above...

Someone please advise how this can be done.

I do apologise if this topic has been raised before but I am not sure of what exactly to search for (terminology).

Thanks in Advance
K
You know that XBMC and KODI are the same? XBMC is the 'old' name.

If I understand your question correctly, you want to keep de folder structure and not the library mode. Correct? If so.. just don't use the library mode and access your music via 'files' .
(2016-05-12, 12:23)Miss_80 Wrote: You know that XBMC and KODI are the same? XBMC is the 'old' name.

Thanks for the reply @Miss_80. Yes i know the above.

Correct, I would like to retain the folder structure. I have tried accessing it through "files" and I still get the music in library mode.
Hmm.. I'm not at home at the moment so I can't check what I did, but my ex-boyfriend hated the library mode which I solved for him (just can't remember how I did that).

What you could try (not sure if it works) is removing the source, clean the library, add the source again, but without setting content (and make sure that the option 'update library at start up isn't selected). That way the files are not scraped so there is no library for Kodi to use.
this is what I used and works well http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=198670
Thank you very much guys, I will try it out when i get home and fill you guys in.
@Miss_80 - I tried your above method but it unfortunately did not work.
@bry- Had a look at that post and saw that they changed the ID3 tag. With my 26000+ songs that would not be an option for me....

One thing i must add is that I am not given the option of adding "files" from the uPNP option on the client, only the different library folders. I do however see the "files" folder on the server itself.....

I am currently removing my music from the server, will clean up the library, reload and see what happens.

Anything else i can tryHuh
my music is organized like yours, and like you I was not happy with the way it displayed via uPnP sharing. I wound up installing mysql on my Win file server, and set my RPi clients to access the MySQL library. It works the way you and I want from MySQL. I don't run Kodi (xbmc) on the win file server, you don't need it if using MySQL. The current state of uPnP sharing unfortunately does not do what you want. It gets even worse when using a remote like Kore, where the library shows completely empty. Changing to MySQL fixed all that.
You don't need to use upnp to access your files from the Pi. On the server, add a network share for your music. On the client add that share to your sources for music. Do not scan files to your library. That leaves you with just files view on the client. The files will be organised exactly according to your folder structure on the server.

Edit: Another option is to use upnp, but to use another program (not Kodi) as your upnp server. Different UpnP servers provide different views of your music collection. I'm sure at least a few of them would provide a vanilla 'folders' view. Some of them may be configurable so that you can remove the views you don't want. Bubblesoft UpnP server may be worth a look. I haven't used it but I've used other products of his and they work well.
Ah.. so the TS issue is related to specifically upnp access? I didn't know that there was different behavior between Upnp en ' normal' network share (which I use). You learn something new every day Big Grin I would be interested in some background information about that. Is someone able to explain the difference between these two alternatives and especially why Kodi behaves differently?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help with organising Music on XBMC Please0