Is Camel Case wrong for naming films?
I have a lot of films on a NAS that have all been named using camel case (i.e. ManWithTheGoldenGun,The(1974)).

I've just started using OSMC and it's not imported a lot of my films (765 of them). It looks like the camel case might be confusing it. Has anyone had this problem before (and solved it)?

I could write a script to rename all my films, but that's a real pain...
Or maybe it's the lack of spaces.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
That was I was thinking. I have to add spaces. And that after writing a script a few years ago to remove them all. Damn!

Any other way round it? Any way of hijacking the request to the Movie Database and add the spaces there?
(2016-05-12, 21:10)MrTinnedPeach Wrote: Any other way round it? Any way of hijacking the request to the Movie Database and add the spaces there?

Don't think so. The only other option that comes to mind would be to create NFO files, but in order to do that you'll need a tool that can recognise your movie-names-without-spaces. I suspect a tool such as Ember Media Manager would also have a tough time recognising your current movie names. So whatever way you look at this, removing the spaces was a really bad idea (if you'd replaced the spaces with underscores or periods you probably wouldn't have this problem). However since you have the camel case, reinserting the spaces and automatically renaming the movie files shouldn't be too hard.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Have you tried filebot?
You could use a file manager that supports regular expressions. Total Commander is one. You could do a search and replace where you replace all capital letters with a space and that capital letter.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is Camel Case wrong for naming films?0