Does Kodi on IOS crash a LOT for anyone else?
I can crash this application within minutes of using it, almost consistently.
I had the problem with 15.2 and now I've just set it up again on a brand new ipad, with 16.1, it crashes regularly.

I'd say I've been using it 20 minutes today and it's crashed at least 7 or 8 times.
Is this common for others? I kind of figured with 15.2 that maybe it would slowly get fixed, perhaps not?
Just to be clear, I really appreciate the work, it's very awesome of you all. I'm accustomed to slight bugs on the desktop version but the crashing on iOS is very, very frequent. Each time it crashes out too, rather than being quit normally, many changes are lost as well.

(Skin setings, disable pictures / music for example)
I'd say over 20 times in an hours use while setting it up.
This is exactly the same behaviour as when I set up 15.2 on an ipad air 2 - it crashed endlessly configuring it because any wrong click will crash it.

Once it is setup, it's a little... little bit more reliable. I can watch stuff now, but stopping it may even crash it.
Seems fairly stable for me whenever I use it on my iPad. At the very least, I'm not seeing crashes like you describe.
Me neither - watching live tv from time to time on my ipads ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Really? Does it crash at all? I can film it, it crashes so easily, across 2 diff ipads. Super easily.
same as me. I guess for people install Kodi from the Cydia won't have the crashing issue. My ipad is not jailbreaked so I have to intall kodi from Xcode, yeah I crashed alot, I even can't scan the artists in music library, it crashes every time I scan.
Yeah mine isn't jailbroken, I'm using the Xcode method.
just keep talking and ignore the needed bits you need to provide for even looking into it Wink
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
I don't understand this reply, are you being snarky? I don't get it.
(2016-05-17, 07:25)AbRASiON Wrote: I don't understand this reply, are you being snarky? I don't get it.

@Memphiz means, it doesn't matter how much you discuss or complain about it crashing, without (at the very least) a proper debug log (wiki) of it crashing on you, there is nothing anyone can do to help.

If you can get crashlogs as well, so much the better I would think.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
I was actually simply asking if it was crashing for anyone else first to establish if it's a common thread.
He need only ask for a debug log rather than pull smarmy replies.
ok your problem - and read the stickies next time on how to properly report a problem.
Hi AbRASiON, I installed the latest nightly build and Kodi doesn't crash anymore. The new Estouchy skin is beautiful and very smooth.
I'll consider it next time I install (every 6.5 idiot days now, thanks Apple)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Does Kodi on IOS crash a LOT for anyone else?0