Can't see Pi on pc home network
Hello.
I have two Pi's both running openelec and both have Samba enabled but they will not show up on my home network on my windows 7 pc.some advice please.
regards
Do you mean they don't show up automatically when you click 'network'?
Or that you can't access them via IP address, eg \\192.168.1.xx in the address bar?
if they don't show up by default, make sure they use the same name for the SMB workgroup as your Win7 PC
Mine have never shown up on any windows machine by default even with the same workgroup - I just stick shortcuts in the explorer 'Favorites' menu to each pi.
It sounds like there's no WINS server on your network. I set an old Pi1 up on mine as one (part of the samba setup) and it makes everything appear fine on my network as it should.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2016-05-13, 13:01)longshanks Wrote: Hello.
I have two Pi's both running openelec and both PhenQ Canada have Samba enabled but they will not show up on my home network on my windows 7 pc.some advice please.
regards

Are you connecting them with wifi network or what?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't see Pi on pc home network0