Forcing installed add-ons to check for updates
Hello. Is there a way (through a separate add-on; Python) to force Kodi to check for updates for all currently installed add-ons? Each of these add-ons come from the official Kodi repo, and each have the Auto-Update flag enabled. However, I'd like for my add-on to force this check to take place rather than wait for Kodi to do so.

Any help here is appreciated.
At anytime you can get Kodi to check for updates thru the UI

To do it in code you just need to call

xbmc.executebuiltin('UpdateAddonRepos')

Or you can manually edit your favourites.xml to do it by adding this

Code:
<favourite name="Update Addons">UpdateAddonRepos</favourite>

Or you can easily set up an item to do this in my Super Favourites addon.

Sent from my iPhone
Thanks, spoyser!
Is there a way, through Python, to force an add-on (or all add-ons) to be manually updated from the official Kodi repo, even if there is not a new version number available? In this example, the auto-update discussed above would not take place.

So, for example, if I have version 2.1.0 (the latest version in the Kodi repo) of an add-on installed but it is corrupted for some reason and I want to force an update (programatically, via Python) from said repo, is this possible? This would be mimicking the behavior of taking the following path:

System -> Settings -> Add-Ons -> My add-ons -> All -> <Add-on name> -> Update -> Choose version from official Kodi Repository when presented with option

Thanks.
I've been trying for the past week to locate a solution for this but am still struggling. Any help here would be appreciated. Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Forcing installed add-ons to check for updates0