v17 Latest build can't set any visualisation
hello, just installed the latest build of Krypton (all clean from scratch), but no way to choose any visualisation from the 'player settings' music parameters. It just keep offering 'none' even though there are the 'visualization.milkdrop2' and so on reps in Kodi's addons directory.

any idea ?

thanks
Cédric
Am I the only one who got this bug (tried of Win7, Win8 with several of the latest builds installed from scratch) ?

Even manually putting <visualisation>visualisation.milkdrop2</visualisation> in the <musicplayer> section of guisettings.xml doesn't work.
Here the same. You are not the only one !

It never worked in the Kodi Krypton 17 nightly builds.
Something is changed in the code and must set right to work again in this new Kodi version.
Thanks for the answer. What is funny is I have a system with a Krypton which was installed over a Jarvis, and there all works fine. I see all the visualisations and can change them all fine. Only new installs suffer from this bug.
(2016-05-15, 13:21)cpwom Wrote: Thanks for the answer. What is funny is I have a system with a Krypton which was installed over a Jarvis, and there all works fine. I see all the visualisations and can change them all fine. Only new installs suffer from this bug.
Having a working system and a non-working system allows you to compare.

Suggestions:

* Run a debug log... anything in there when the visualisation fails?
* Compare the config files, look for the visualisation settings
* Compare the installed addons - what files are in the folders?
The visualisation doesn't fail. Kodi just doesn't seem to see any visualisation at all. All are installed per default, but it just shows 'None' when you wanna choose one in the players settings. It's definately a bug of Krypton ... hope they'll fix that in upcoming versions.
Any news with that bug as i see Krypton alpha will soon be released ?
still now way to choose any visualisation in the settings of the player/music ...

tried on a clean kodi version .. full install with visualisations checked of course.
Nobody ? Juste tried again with latest build. Here's caps of what I mean ...
Any dev around knowing if this is planned to be fixed, or if there is something to do on my side ?

I did note this issue on a previous post somewhere - the solution is to download the Milkdrop2 plugin from https://github.com/afedchin/visualizatio...kdrop2.zip and install from zip. The bundled version doesn't work but as soon as you install this, you can then add it properly.
yes ! works great. thanks a lot for that !
(it may seems like a detail, but we use Kodi to do many audio blindtests, and having some of these visualisations make them a little bit funnier).
Are you sure the addon is enabled? I know mine was disabled in default install.
Krypton default now seems to be to disable non crucial addons.
Damn you're right. They're all disabled at install.
Thanks a lot for that note !! Works even better this way Wink
(2016-05-13, 17:42)cpwom Wrote: hello, just installed the latest build of Krypton (all clean from scratch), but no way to choose any visualisation from the 'player settings' music parameters. It just keep offering 'none' even though there are the 'visualization.milkdrop2' and so on reps in Kodi's addons directory.

any idea ?

thanks
Cédric

Is activated? when i install it for the first time i cant see the visualizations and happen that was in there.. but not activated.

go to addons section and watch in all your addons if exist and if is activated.
(2016-05-15, 13:21)cpwom Wrote: Thanks for the answer. What is funny is I have a system with a Krypton which was installed over a Jarvis, and there all works fine. I see all the visualisations and can change them all fine. Only new installs suffer from this bug.

I have the same problem, though I installed over my Jarvis install and I have the problem.

I'll try the installing-from-zip fix and see if that helps. Still an irritating issue, though.
Krypton disables the visualizations when upgrading from Jarvis.
Re-enabling them will make them work again, BUT there's a bug.
When stopping a music stream the visualization continues.
So if you try to start another stream/song, with the visualization running, the stream/song wont start properly.
(You have to shut it down once, and push the play button again when the visualization is gone)

Visualizations is not just for enjoyment, without them most TV/screens will shutdown when there's no picture activity,
cause it thinks it's idle after a while.

Strange that a final version Krypton hasn't ironed out this bug?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Latest build can't set any visualisation0