Kodi 16 - Kodi not processing <sets> tag from Ember Media Manager Beta 1.4.7.2
I am currently 16.1 and Ember Media Manager Beta 1.4.7.2 x86.
I was using Ember Media Manager 1.3.20 up until yesterday when i started using 1.4.7.2 and after i re-scraped all my movies and movie sets in 1.4.7.2 i noticed Kodi was still using the old movie sets names, i used to have the collection names as <movie> [sets] not is <movie> collection.
It turned out that EMM 1.3.20 was using <set> xml tag which Kodi loves to use
<set>300 Collection<set>
But when re-scraped with EMM 1.4.7.2, EMM is using the xml tag <sets> like below
<sets>
<set tmdbcolid="125570">300 Collection</set>
</sets>
Which Kodi cannot seem to understand and process, so now none of my sets are currently working. Only when i change the NFOs with the <set> tag does kodi processes them. Which if I re-scrape my movies again the nfos are overwritten with the <sets> tag again.

P.S according to the kodi wiki movie sets in NFOs for kodi are arranged with the <set> tag.
http://kodi.wiki/view/NFO_files/movies#Movie_tags
4 Movie sets
<movie>
<title>Hellboy - Uncut Extended</title>
<set>Hellboy Collection</set>
<sorttitle>Hellboy 1</sorttitle>
</movie>
http://www.themoviedb.org/movie/1487

Am I doing something wrong? is there some option that i am missing?
Nope, you do nothing wrong... Kodi developer do wrong thins with XML.

First problem: Kodi read XML node by node. So it's not important that an XML has a proper style.
Second problem: Kodi no longer can handle XML attributes (like "<set tmdbcolid="125570">")
Third problem: Kodi use a new data set for sets with old and already known node <set> (WTF!)

Kodi use try-and-error to check if the NFO use old or new data set for moviesets. Ember has a proper NFO class and can't handle that without errors. So we have also have to add a try-and-bullshit check to convert old sets to new data set. I will try to add that for next alpha release. But anyway, you have to rewrite all NFO with Ember to fix that problem.
Thank you for the quick reply, i really appreciate it, i have been using EMM for years now and refuse to give it up no matter what.
I do have a question, i have re-scrape my movies but for now let's just stick with 300 and 300 - rise of an empire. I have re-scrape both movies several times and noticed the nfo file changed but kodi still will not display the sets.
Good News!
After playing around with Ember, I did a final scrape and noticed that i no longer get the <sets> tag only
<set tmdbcolid="125570">300 Collection</set>
and Kodi is not displaying the movie sets.
Thank you, now i have to re-scrape my entire collection after doing a few more tests
I meant kodi is NOW displaying the movie sets
(2016-05-13, 19:59)marcorice Wrote: I meant kodi is NOW displaying the movie sets

Oh sorry, I've not seen that you also use <sets> node. That is for YAMJ only and has never worked with Kodi.
So, them that was my whole problem them, YAMJ?
Make sense that after i unchecked YAMJ compatible Sets that the <sets> tags were removed. Now I know, thank you.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 16 - Kodi not processing <sets> tag from Ember Media Manager Beta 1.4.7.20