Locked Folders
I just have one noob question. I'm using the built in Confluence skin, but I'd like to modify the "home.xml" file. I’d like to replace the “Waether” menu item with a custom Menu using one of my favorites. I don’t want to use CCM because it has not been updated for a while.

I'm able to get to the folder (usr/share/kodi/addons/skin.confluence/720p), and I'm able to modify the XML file, but I can't save it. It keeps giving me an error. Where do I go to give myself permission to modify these files? I'm on a Mac and I tried using Fetch, and using the built in finder "Connect to Server" function. I can access the folder both ways, but I can't modify any files in it. I tried the: ”mount /flash -o remount,rw” command, but that didn’t help. I modified samba.config and added myself writing permissions for the usr folder, but that just made the folder visible in the finder, not writable.

I hope someone has an answer to my problem.

I got an answer from another forum, just in case there are other users trying to figure this out.

Copy the skin folder to storage/.kodi/addons. Rename the folder to something like skin.confluence.myskinname. Modify the "id" and "name" fields in addon.xml. Make your skin related changes. Reboot. Select your skin in Settings.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Locked Folders0