Kodi 16.1 Update
I am trying to install the new update on my Idroidnation Pro box that I just got which has version 15.2 on it but it is not installing. I tried both the ARM version and the x86 version but neither will work. I keep getting the message App not installed every time I try. Is there something I am missing??

Thanks
There are significant issues with the IDROIDNATION boxes because of the chip they use and they don't update their firmware. Also, nobody on this forum will help you because it's one of the boxes they think is a pirate box. I bought one, spent weeks trying to get it working well. Everyone told me I should not have bought it. I even posted a post here telling people NOT to buy them so they would not have to go through what I did. Anyway, I eventually bought an nVidia Shield and it's awesome.

But... you have two options at this point. You can install their version 16 from their website (IDROIDNATION)
http://www.idroidnation.com/idroidnation-kodi-build/

The link is on that page. It's tweaked so it works best with your box. I'd recommend that option. The other option is to completely uninstall Kodi and then install it fresh from the Google Play store. You won't have any luck trying to update from the google store over the included version on your box now.

I hope that helps.
OK thank you for all the info. So would you recommend that I just return this one and get a different box altogether? It sounds like using this would just be more of a hassle than it is worth.
YES! If you can return it, do it. Get the nVidia Shield. It's a little more money but if you go to Best Buy, Target, Sears, or one of those stores you might still find the boxes that have the free remote (comes with a game controller which can be used as a remote too but wives whine about that). Then install a branch of Kodi called SPMC on it. It's on the Google Play store and comes up when you search for Kodi. It's basically Kodi that is tweaked for the nVidia Shield and is awesome.

One other thing you should know. The IDROIDNATION boxes use the regular android OS, so you need that air-mouse-remote to navigate. I actually like it, others don't. BUT, the nVidia uses Android TV which is basically a trimmed down version of the OS to be used on TVs, not phones or pads. The disadvantage for me/you is that there are not nearly as many apps for Android TV as there are for the regular Android. So if you have some apps you plan to use, make sure there are Android TV versions. When you search with the nVidia on googleplay it will only give you apps that are compatible with Android TV. I was bummed about this because I liked having my Google calendar available, but I can live without it. Just wanted to warn you. If this is just a Kodi box then it's not an issue.

-----edit----
Actually, let me modify that. If your IDROIDNATION box is doing everything you want it to do then maybe there is no point in returning it. I could not get rid of the frequent artifacts, which is why I could not use it anymore. I think you should update it to their version of 16 and see how it is. There will be problems for you going forward because they don't update their firmware, so when you want to start using HEVC, wide gamut color, 4K 60Hz, pass through audio, you will be out of luck. But if it's doing everything you want now without problems then you might as well keep it and get a new box in a year or two when all the new standards are sorted out.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 16.1 Update0