Win Looking for a USB IR receiver that does NOT pass generic media controls
Reason being I have two computers in my living room that I want to control with IR. One libreelec box for all my home theater viewing, and my windows desktop running foobar2000 for music. I already have a USB IR receiver that works with windows, but it's also picking up the commands I'm sending to my kodi box, which I do not want. So I guess I'm looking for a receiver that only uses non-standardized functions. Or, if there is some sort of software for windows that will block these commands and allow me to use my existing IR dongle, that would be even better. I'm familiar with auto-it and autohotkey, but I'm not aware of any way to block these IR controls.

I know this isn't quire related to Kodi, but I figured you folks would probably have more experience than most other places.
FLIRC? you can map any remote button to any keyboard stroke. You'll just have to program it with a different remote to the one your HTPC uses eg use an old TV remote or something, not a media centre remote.

Does your HTPC also pick up the commands you are trying to send to your Windows PC ? If so you would need software on both boxes if you went down the other route.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Looking for a USB IR receiver that does NOT pass generic media controls0