Does Kodi makew it easy to create a customised EPG on a Sony Smart TV
I have a Sony smart TV and don't like the program guide with the native TV program.

I'd like to write my own EPG.

My reading about Kodi (which I haven't used yet) has not been clear about what this might involve.

Is this readily achievable?

If so where can I find a write up?

Thanks.
Are you talking about for broadcast TV, either OTA or cable or DVB?

The answer is essentially no, Kodi is not able to control your TV tuner. So although you might be able to get an EPG up and running on Kodi, it isn't going to tune your TV to the channel.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Thanks nickr.  It's broadcast digital TV in Sydney Australia.  The device is Sony Bravia KD.

I don't yet know anything about the software architecture of this system, other than it's a linux box available over adb.

I assumed that I could write a program that drove an alternate EPG then tapped in to the existing API / code that shows a channel.

Your answer tells me that this isn't the way it works.  Pity that, the bundled EPG has major failings, from my perspective.

Thanks again.  I'll can that part of the project.
if you get yourself a network tuner, you could use it to watch TV via Kodi or use the "live channels" feature of AndroidTV. But there is no way for Kodi to access the TVs tuner. A network tuner might be a better option anyways, as along with a TV server like tvheadend or VDR it will allow you to get timeshift, record stuff centrally and watch it on any client you want and much more.
(2018-03-14, 13:07)da-anda Wrote: "live channels" feature of AndroidTV

Thanks da-anda.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Does Kodi makew it easy to create a customised EPG on a Sony Smart TV0