v17 Ubuntu - trying to install latest version of Kodi 16.1 but 17 keeps installing?
Hi,

As above - running UBUNTU 14 and had to remove 16.1 due to Controller issues and cache issues but after removing (successfully) and then re-installation using standard installion "kodi" package installs Kodi 17.0 which I dont currently need.

Is there a way to just install a Package release? I have tried the older "..kodi-bin ver=2.." syntax but not finding kodi-bin?

Any help would be much appreciated.

J
Check your PPAs - the only reason to not pick up the older release is if the package you're after isn't there, so that's most likely a PPA error (unstable instead of stable) or a distro error (and Trusty should be there for either).

https://launchpad.net/~team-xbmc/+archiv...ter=trusty

Wink 
Thanks for that Prof.

I will try that later this evening

Hope it works Kodi 17 doesnt like the Hubwizard and prone to crashing...
I've just had the same problem.
Kodi was working fine yesterday until I installed software updates.For some reason it upgraded to 17 which is completely unusable.
I re-installed kodi from terminal and lo and behold it's installed 17 again.

I'm not sure what to do next
Hi,

Thanks to the Prof Yaffle above managed to get the correct PPA/BIN name and that allwed me to download/install that package.

Try the following (Ubuntu 14.04) via terminal..

$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:team-xbmc/kodi-old
$ sudo apt-get update
$ apt-cache showpkg kodi
$ sudo apt-get install kodi=2:16.1~git20160424.1410-final-0trusty kodi-bin=2:16.1~git20160424.1410-final-0trusty

This removed 17 and replaced it with 16.1 - reason I tried to remove it was due to Kodi issues wit remote control - attempted to install Wireless XBOX Contrller which messed everything up - still is ust looking to reset the controller for Kodi...

The above worked fine - hope it is opkay for you?

Jonathan
Please read the forum rules. You mentioned a banned add-on. Please don't again.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2016-05-19, 02:07)jj007 Wrote: Hi,

Thanks to the Prof Yaffle above managed to get the correct PPA/BIN name and that allwed me to download/install that package.

Try the following (Ubuntu 14.04) via terminal..

$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:team-xbmc/kodi-old
$ sudo apt-get update
$ apt-cache showpkg kodi
$ sudo apt-get install kodi=2:16.1~git20160424.1410-final-0trusty kodi-bin=2:16.1~git20160424.1410-final-0trusty

This removed 17 and replaced it with 16.1 - reason I tried to remove it was due to Kodi issues wit remote control - attempted to install Wireless XBOX Contrller which messed everything up - still is ust looking to reset the controller for Kodi...

The above worked fine - hope it is opkay for you?

Jonathan

Yep,that worked for me.Thank you
Why would kodi be updating from an unstable ppa when it's never done that before......and I've had kodi running on 14.04 since it was released without this issue.
Just curious
if you have the ppa enabled it will be used, simple as that
(2016-05-29, 11:25)wsnipex Wrote: if you have the ppa enabled it will be used, simple as that

But why is the unstable ppa enabled now when it wasn't before,presumably,as I've never had an unstable install before ?
Cause you - layer8 - enabled it. There is no other possibility.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2016-05-29, 17:06)fritsch Wrote: Cause you - layer8 - enabled it. There is no other possibility.
100% did not.If that were the case why had it not installed unstable versions before ?
I only found out how to enable PPAs a few hours before I posted the message on here yesterday.

Anyway I've learnt something new so that's good
apt-cache policy kodi

Is a useful command
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Hi I hope i'm in the right place and explaining this correctly I have been trying to update my Kodi using apt-get and I have tried every way I know how and it keeps installing Kodi 17.0 and I need 16.1.
I have Tried sudo add-apt-repository ppa:team-xbmc/ppa Still I get 17.0 Unstable. I have Tried sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install kodi. Still I Get 17.0. I have Uninstalled following these instructions If you install a nightly build or an unstable release and want to return to a stable release, follow these instructions:
Find the current PPA you are using:
sudo apt-cache policy | grep team-xbmc
Remove the unstable or nightly PPA where it says PPAHERE:
sudo add-apt-repository -r ppaTonguePAHERE
Then restore the stable version with the following commands:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:team-xbmc/ppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get remove kodi kodi-bin
sudo apt-get install kodi

Still I Get Kodi 17.0 Please Help I don't Know What I'm doing Wrong. the base is Kodibuntu Ubuntu 14.04.04 LTS
Remove the unstable or nightly PPA where it says PPAHERE:
sudo add-apt-repository -r ppaTonguePAHERE

^^ i really hope you replace PPAHERE with the relevant text that you go from
apt-cache policy | grep team-xbmc
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ubuntu - trying to install latest version of Kodi 16.1 but 17 keeps installing?0