v17 Ubuntu - trying to install latest version of Kodi 16.1 but 17 keeps installing?
(2016-06-09, 23:55)miamistyledjs Wrote: Hi I hope i'm in the right place and explaining this correctly I have been trying to update my Kodi using apt-get and I have tried every way I know how and it keeps installing Kodi 17.0 and I need 16.1.
I have Tried sudo add-apt-repository ppa:team-xbmc/ppa Still I get 17.0 Unstable. I have Tried sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install kodi. Still I Get 17.0. I have Uninstalled following these instructions If you install a nightly build or an unstable release and want to return to a stable release, follow these instructions:
Find the current PPA you are using:
sudo apt-cache policy | grep team-xbmc
Remove the unstable or nightly PPA where it says PPAHERE:
sudo add-apt-repository -r ppaTonguePAHERE
Then restore the stable version with the following commands:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:team-xbmc/ppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get remove kodi kodi-bin
sudo apt-get install kodi

Still I Get Kodi 17.0 Please Help I don't Know What I'm doing Wrong. the base is Kodibuntu Ubuntu 14.04.04 LTS

Like me, you will almost certainly be installing from an unstable PPA.
Go into " software updates ",then " other software " and you will find 1 or more unstable PPAs for Kodi are ticked.Untick them and then re-install using the commands in jj007's message above
(2016-05-19, 02:07)jj007 Wrote: Hi,

Thanks to the Prof Yaffle above managed to get the correct PPA/BIN name and that allwed me to download/install that package.

https://launchpad.net/~team-xbmc/+archiv...ter=trusty

Try the following (Ubuntu 14.04) via terminal..

$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:team-xbmc/kodi-old
$ sudo apt-get update
$ apt-cache showpkg kodi
$ sudo apt-get install kodi=2:16.1~git20160424.1410-final-0trusty kodi-bin=2:16.1~git20160424.1410-final-0trusty

This removed 17 and replaced it with 16.1 - reason I tried to remove it was due to Kodi issues wit remote control - attempted to install Wireless XBOX Contrller which messed everything up - still is ust looking to reset the controller for Kodi...

The above worked fine - hope it is opkay for you?

Jonathan

When I do the instruction, I get the following:
sudo apt-get install kodi=2:16.1~git20160424.1410-final-0trusty kodi-bin=2:16.1~git20160424.1410-final-0trusty
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Version '2:16.1~git20160424.1410-final-0trusty' for 'kodi' was not found
E: Version '2:16.1~git20160424.1410-final-0trusty' for 'kodi-bin' was not found

I think I am missing something! How can I download it and with which commands?

additional:
When I put the package link( deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/team-xbmc/unstable/ubuntu xenial main) in other software(setting), I get the following after a reload:

W:The repository 'http://ppa.launchpad.net/team-xbmc/kodi-old/ubuntu xenial Release' does not have a Release file., WBig Grinata from such a repository can't be authenticated and is therefore potentially dangerous to use., W:See apt-secure(8) manpage for repository creation and user configuration details., E:Failed to fetch http://ppa.launchpad.net/team-xbmc/kodi-...4/Packages 404 Not Found, E:Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old ones used instead.

Whats the solution?
what does
Code:
apt-cache policy kodi
return?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
So I am hoping I can get some help here. I am using Ubuntu 16.04 LTS and whenever I update my software and security requirements it deletes Kodi 16.1 and reinstalls it with 18.0. I have tried removing everything and reinstalling kodi, but it keeps going to 18.0. I got it to work one time to doing 16.1 with the following commands:

sudo apt-get install software-properties-common
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:team-xbmc/kodi-old
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install kodi=2:16.1~git20160425.1001-final-0xenial
sudo apt-get install kodi-bin=2:16.1~git20160425.1001-final-0xenial

But now it keeps going to 18.0 automatically. Is there any way that I can get this back to 16.1 until the stable version of 17 is released?

Thanks

P.S. Super NOOB with this stuff. Take it easy on me and give all commands please...
See post 18.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ubuntu - trying to install latest version of Kodi 16.1 but 17 keeps installing?0