Exception caught on main loop. Exiting.
Hi all,
I've been using Kodi (Jarvis 16.1) for several weeks now and today it started acting up; first the mouse cursor would disappear inside the app and then the app itself just crashed. Now when I want to start it it gives me an error saying "Exception caught on main loop. Exiting."
I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, I tried an earlier version (15.2), that didn't work either.
I run Windows 7 x64.
How come it was working fine until today? And how can I fix it?
Can anyone please help?
Thanks
Hi,
If it worked before as you mentioned, I would delete the content of this folder to make sure.
Winkey + R %appdata%/kodi (enter) Ctrl A and delete.
You will start clean that way.
Hi,
thanks for your quick reply.
I've tried what you said above but it still doesn't work. I even went through my registry to make sure I get rid of all kodi related things before a new install.
The app will not start up properly, and it crashes. Any other suggestions?
Sadly that defies logic since it worked before.

Do you see any problems found in notes panes when you run
Code:
WinKey R DXdiag (enter)
Try to post (using pastebin.com) relevant logs containing version info from:
Code:
WinKey R MsInfo32 (enter)
(components/display)
Then using pastebin again a kodi.log from %appdata%/kodi (if present)

Hopefully that will gather enough info so that you can be helped.
Sorry, I'm not sure what info is needed, or how to get it. But you're welcome to remote connect and check it if you can :)
Hey everyone,
Just an update, last night I tried again to start Kodi but I had no success so I went to bed, left my laptop running. This morning I thought I try again, not hoping for much to have changed, but to my biggest surprise it started up as it should. Unfortunately, last night I deleted all my profile and settings so I had to set up the different add-ons I use, but after that, pleased to say, that it works. I have no clue as to what happened yesterday, why it crashed.
Thanks for trying to help.
Glad to hear.
That leads me to believe that a 3rd party add-on might have had something to do with the problems.
I would re-add them one at a time, exit Kodi, launch and test. Otherwise you will be back to square one.
The Tooth Fairy has skills Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Exception caught on main loop. Exiting.0