Some applications are not displayed full screen - Nvidia Shield (Android TV)
I have downloaded a few application (via Google Play) like Kodi, and ES File Explorer (and some emulators) and they suffer from the same problem - they are to big for my TV, meaning the edges are cut-off making diffuclt and in some cases almost impossible to use.

I saw some people called it overscan issue and playing with the TV seemed to fix it, but in my case nothing seems to work - I am using a Panasonic Plasma (th-46pz800u) and the only picture options don't see to help (only make it worse), I even tried putting in different HDMI ports (one for GAME, etc...) and nothing, and for PC there is a VGA (no HDMI).

In most cases it "seems" to be fine (or I didn't notice it) like youtube and netflix, but cases like ES file explorer make it almost unusable (can't see the icons at the bottom like copy, etc...).

I am running out of ideas, hopefully over the last few months (since this was last raised) some kind of solution has surfaced... I just purchased the shield and aside from this was loving it...
Thanks,
Have you adusted the overscan under Device > HDMI?
Is this in the KODI settings?
No, it's in the Shield's settings. Works for my ES Explorer.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Some applications are not displayed full screen - Nvidia Shield (Android TV)0