Some advice or feedback
At the moment I am using Kodi on a media PC that is hooked up to my main TV.

I am using Emby for it's database and syncing to my mobile devices seeing kodi doesn't have an automated sync function based on playlists or rules yet...

I am using Kodi for the over the air TV using mediportal (off memory).

I am sending the image to other destinations in the house (we're only a couple so only one source needed at once typically) with wireless display sticks.

This seems to work OK except I get the occasional drop out from using wireless but it's not too often. I am thinking of running hdmi cables to rooms that may allow it although that's not ideal for say the outside projector.

What I am asking for feedback on is any suggestions for a better setup for multiple displays but the same database and all utilising the tv tuner in the media PC (no aerial required for all projectors or other tv's)?

To control the PC I currently use unified remote on my android devices (custom remote for Kodi that is modified from the one they provide) and use Eventghost to add further functionality such as changing to different displays turnign sound up on certain devices etc... Basically unified remote is just issuing a single unique keyboard command such as "ctrl alt 1" etc and eventghost is intercepting those shortcuts and doing the hard work.

I was wondering whether;

- I continue as I have the setup but run HDMI leads to reduce the dropping out (main screen is the only 4K screen)
- I buy cheap chrome sticks so all TV's have their own PC and don't have the problem of changing display outputs and able to have two different sources at once on the house.
- or perhaps the windows based ones to add more functionality to each screen...
- But these last two options will require streaming over wifi and not sure good that is for HD media. I'm assuming the TV side can be managed through local IP to the server.
- Change over to Emby only but I don't believe the interface is as good for keyboard and short cut navigation like Kodi.
- Change over to Plex seeing seeing the main reason I didn't use it is it didn't integrate with Kodi as well, but that might not be relevant.

I understand this is a Kodi formum so the other options aren't likely to be suggested seeing you are here for reason, but I am curious on peoples feedback anyway.
Thread moved to hardware
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Some advice or feedback0