Why Does Kodi Reddit Link to Subreddit Advertising KodiTips.com?
Correct me if I'm wrong but I am certain you people say you had a problem with piracy sites using kodi in their domain names....

My question is why does official Kodi reddit link to Addons4kodi subreddit advertising Koditips.com as the first link in the sidebar?

Seems like Kodi could at least enforce the trademark there and insist they not link to someone using kodi's name in their domain for personal gain and cause major damage to reputation of kodi.

If they say no, stop linking to them would be the right answer
What is up with the use of "you people", you are wrong, correction @ link:

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2314052

Not "had a problem", the issue is current.
There is no official Kodi subreddit. There is a community ran /r/Kodi that has some overlap with people who are on Team Kodi, but that is all.

/r/addons4kodi is most certainly not official. They are another community ran group.

"X for Kodi" is typically one of the allowed ways to name things related to Kodi that are not official.

If addons4kodi is linking to a domain that violates kodi's trademark, that's several degrees of separation from anything remotely official. Nothing can be done to force /r/addons4kodi to do anything different. The burden is on the official Kodi group, not on one or two unofficial subreddits, to do something about the koditips website.

This "friend of a friend of a friend of an uncle's roommate" stuff is getting annoying.
(2016-05-17, 08:16)k4sh1n Wrote: What is up with the use of "you people", you are wrong, correction @ link:

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2314052

Not "had a problem", the issue is current.

I thought this question seemed familiar :D
Honestly, if there were another few people willing to mod /r/kodi who were also not already mods for the addons subreddit and who were active, nice, and intelligent, I'd be pretty happy giving up my kodi subreddit mod rights entirely. I genuinely would prefer for that subreddit to be entirely community based, so long as it didn't devolve into a piracy addon place.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Why Does Kodi Reddit Link to Subreddit Advertising KodiTips.com?1