kodi not closing properly
Ever since I rebuild my machine and moved to Jarvis I cant get KODI to close properly. It exits out ok but it takes another 5 mins before it clears from task manager.

i'm also getting some errors with titan skin - not i'm using DSPLAYER KODI...

from kodi.log

19:13:42 T:7148 FATAL: /libcurl.dll is a system dll and should never be released
19:13:42 T:7148 FATAL: /cpluff.dll is a system dll and should never be released
19:13:42 T:7148 FATAL: /libcec.dll is a system dll and should never be released
Mods frown on logs in the forums, please use http://xbmclogs.com/ and link back to this thread.

Your issue ->(17.0-ALPHA2 Git:20160512-7a1c835)
the problem with that is that the entries in the log wont come up in a search so other peopel with the same problem could miss it. Where I can see they want to save on space in the long run it may have the opposite effect.
Use PasteBin or XBMClogs as @PatK says.

See section 2.3 of the forum rules (wiki) for more details, and the wiki procedure for the debug log (wiki) if you need assistance.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
bumping this, happens on all versions, no errors in log suggesting this is somehow normal, what is KODI doing after it quits?
Kodi is writing out the log, cutting html requests, closing windows, shutting down background task and cleaning up memory. Usually less than a minute, but if any task or URL is not responding, then the default time out kicks in, and that can be lengthy. Usually a 3rd party add-on is responsible, but cutting edge builds, it might be something yet to be fixed.
I might be mistaken, but I think in the latest stable build these processes have been streamlined so that closing processes takes less time. Did you try 16.1?
thanks for both replies. I've tried several jarvis builds and also a couple of krypton builds, all have same issue, the Kypton was a clean portable build as well so no addons etc.
I have the same problem. On multiple versions. Also the latest Jarvis 16.1. I think it only happens on windows. I also have kodi on a android mediaplayer and that one suts down alright.
I have this problem as well on my HTPC running J16.1, although it's an always on machine and i don't really need to quit kodi unless i need to drop to desktop for whatever reason... after a fresh reboot it quits relatively quickly ~10secs, The delay seems only happen after being on for a length of time...

Initially i just though it was some add-on making it hang, as a clean install of Kodi 16.1 on my laptop - also window 10, seems to quit OK.... although having now thought this through, i guess i never leave Kodi on for a long enough period of time on my laptop...

I'll provide some logs when i find some time...
I find sometimes it takes a while to close but it always does?
Smile 
(2016-05-20, 22:28)Derek Wrote: I find sometimes it takes a while to close but it always does?
Yes, I found that from 16.1 on, Kodi does actually close gracefully although it might take some time.
Doesn't bother me much since I am using launcher4kodi which stops and starts Kodi fine on sleep/resume :-)
i've got used to this occurring now but its still annoying as I dont use kodi in window mode so I cant just pop out back to windows desktop and do something and then pop back in, or can I, if the gui always windowed essentially?
Press \ should switch between full screen and windowed mode. Then you can minimise and/or alt-tab as normal. See the notes on keyboard controls (wiki) for more details.

From personal experience this kind of lag is often due to writing to remote or networked stuff (e.g. MySQL databases and suchlike) or updating databases. It would depend quite on what add-ons or services your installation is using.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
kodi not closing properly0