LiveTV audio sync problem
Apparently the logs are no good. Unless you can supply a recording that acts this way?

I tried making a recording go out of sync but couldn't succeed

*edit*
Sorry I totally disregarded your first post where you said you've already tried that.
Suggestions are to not use omxplayer (which is only recommended on pi1) which should avoid the issue.
Or use a different PVR back end - I believe not all provoke this issue.
Or fix the causes of glitches from the back end (e.g. improve signal or fix interfering devices)
Or find some way of reproducing the issue, e.g. from a recording (although for some reason this doesn't seem to provoke the issue).
I also got sync issues after some update , but this fixed it for me:
audio,
outputconfig- optimized
resample quality-gpu acceleretad
pll adusment-low

display,
number of buffers used by ....2
(2016-05-23, 20:52)Jönke Wrote: I also got sync issues after some update , but this fixed it for me:
audio,
outputconfig- optimized
resample quality-gpu acceleretad
pll adusment-low

display,
number of buffers used by ....2

Can you confirm which of these settings affected the audio sync?
Can you apply them one at a time and report if that makes a difference?
yes sir ! I will try Wink
Not completly done testing but seams pll adusment has to be changed to low to not get out of sync audio/video

Any specific combo settings you want me to try?
I have the same out of synch problems on my RP3s and RP2s with LE7 and Kodi 16.1

For my case, with 100% certanty: problem occurs with not good enough TV signal makes few frames to skip. I have seen this yesterdy live, while watching errors in TVHeadend backend and TV at the same time.

I have never seen this behaviour in recordings. I can not explain why my RPi tuners have such bad reception as the TV-s (which are Panasonic) show perfect both signal and quality, all coming from the same box (1 in 4 amp). But, chinese USB tuners...

What bothers me here: the same RP2s with OE5 and Kodi 14.2 never ever had this problem with the same signal levels and I used them about 8 months every day. If pic breaks, all is well as soon as pic returned.

I will connect one RP2 with OE5 and Kodi 14.2 to compare Kodi settings and double check if this is TVheadned backend related.

To reproduce this sound-out-of-synch problem: just remove antenna for a moment (and plug it back) from TV tuner used to watch live TV.
(2016-07-25, 15:26)pila Wrote: I have the same out of synch problems on my RP3s and RP2s with LE7 and Kodi 16.1

Do you have omxplayer enabled or disabled?
(2016-07-25, 15:40)popcornmix Wrote:
(2016-07-25, 15:26)pila Wrote: I have the same out of synch problems on my RP3s and RP2s with LE7 and Kodi 16.1

Do you have omxplayer enabled or disabled?

Sorry, missed that part Smile Yes, I have OMX and licences everywhere. SD resolution. Mpeg2 stream DVB-T. All LAN connections over giga network.

As for the recording that problem, maybe I spoke unwisely. I have had some recordings with bad signal, and have never noticed synch problem. I notice it allways in live TV. But, that may simply mean that if I spot bad signal recording I am occupied how to avoid it blocking completely and not watch if sound lost synch.

I have currently changed config so my tuners are on a RP2 OE6 TVh 4.0.8 and my second RP is 3 with LE7 and Kodi 16.1. Will try to take a look at both of them at the same time.

I do not recall seeing this problem with OE5.0.8 ever in about 8 months. I may have had better signal and was not thinking about it. Recently, we have some problems with signal. At the summer Italians (my overseas neighbours) are causing problems on our DVB-T freqs.

But, recently I tried OSMC, build from may. This was terrible, overheating RP3 and having constant incremental audio synch problem. Constant. After a minute or two, sound would get out of synch each time. I abandoned OSMC in a day or two completely. Kodi 16.1 was there.
(2016-07-26, 10:53)pila Wrote:
Quote:Do you have omxplayer enabled or disabled?

Sorry, missed that part Smile Yes, I have OMX and licences everywhere. SD resolution. Mpeg2 stream DVB-T. All LAN connections over giga network.

Are you saying you have enabled "omxplayer" in video/acceleration settings? That is not the default option (on pi2 and pi3) and omxplayer is more prone to out of sync audio in the presence of poor signal. Make sure it is disabled.
(2016-07-26, 12:54)popcornmix Wrote: Are you saying you have enabled "omxplayer" in video/acceleration settings? That is not the default option (on pi2 and pi3) and omxplayer is more prone to out of sync audio in the presence of poor signal. Make sure it is disabled.

Yes enabled. I use omx acceleration from the day 1, from 9.2015.

But, I never had this problem with the previous versions OE5 K14.2 and currently OE6 K15.2. For me, it started with Kodi 16.1

Signal is not the problem (it is a cause), Kodi reaction to the signal is the problem as it has changed in 16.1

But, as I am trying to fix buffering Live TV problem, I will try switching omx accel for some time (If pic will remain normall).
(2016-07-26, 13:02)pila Wrote: But, I never had this problem with the previous versions OE5 K14.2 and currently OE6 K15.2. For me, it started with Kodi 16.1

I'd be interested if you revert to 15.2 and report the behaviour. I don't believe it will be any different.
It's possible your signal has got worse which is why the sync issue seems worse, so testing again with an older kodi release would be interesting.
(2016-07-26, 13:43)popcornmix Wrote: I'd be interested if you revert to 15.2 and report the behaviour. I don't believe it will be any different.
It's possible your signal has got worse which is why the sync issue seems worse, so testing again with an older kodi release would be interesting.

This will take days... I have connected one extra RP2 with OE6 K15.2 in addition to the RP2 LE7 K16.1 on which I disabled OMX accel.

My signal varies, likely as the Italians pump their interering signal and depends on conditions (warm, wind. sun...). Will report when I determine something defintive.
Definitive answer: switching to mmal acceleration (with mpg2 licence) solved stability issues on both RP2 and RP3 when using LibreElec 7.0.2.
There is no loss of synch ever, and even when the signal is bad, RPi does not freeze or hang as before it did (with omx).

Why I used OMX initially? When I first bought RP2 and installed OpenElec, I saw it does not work with OMX at all without mpeg2 licence. When I bought the licence, I believed I must use OMC as obviously, it used licence and therefore is hw accelerated. I never went back to trying mmal. I did not know MMAL uses licence too and is also hardware accelerated, until now.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LiveTV audio sync problem0