• 80(current)
Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)
Banggood seems to be out of stock for now.
Yesterday arrived, i ordered from the TheSolutionShop, the link on the first post of this thread. Delivered from United Kingdom to Romania, 7 days.
Now, i want to order Xiaomi Mi Gamepad Controller. Anyone knows from where i can order to deliver from United Kingdom or any European Union country?
I don`t want to buy from China, because of shipping time and custom duties.
Thanks!
@sanbogdan
you can buy it directly from amazon

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bluetooth-Wirel...B00YS4XLV4
Thank you for advice, but no ..." Usually dispatched within 1 to 2 months." . This is long time, dont understand why.
usually means it's currently not in stock but sometimes they suddenly get stock and ship way sooner but no can guarantee that
Hi all,

have a couple of bug bears...

1.Has anyone found a way to switch of the box rather than stand by?? if not does that mean its always connected to the internet?? I have no power key option in the settings..which other people have said..
2.when on standby my hard drive (2tb WD) light is constantly flashing?? still going 10mins later.. there is nothing wrong with the hard drive as kodi etc reads it fine?? done the usual tricks reboot etc...I have another android box and it doesn't do this...

Model : MDZ-16-AB

Thanks
(2017-02-23, 08:13)wrxtasy Wrote: Heads up for anyone that may be interested...

20% off sale of International Spec Mi Boxes, same as in this thread. Works out to be $66.60 USD delivered apparently.

@ Banggood.com

No idea how reliable this online website is so proceed with caution.

Also for the Central-European especially Hungarian users there is a Slovakian webshop @ eustock.eu which sells the international Mi Box around 85 USD, including 20% VAT.
They ship it with GLS for 4 USD to Hungary (so the sum is 89 USD). And they have warranty service partner in Hungary (Wayteq.eu). I bought my Vernee Thor phone there, which unfortunately needed repair half year later and it was fixed fine.
Ordering directly from China may cost additional 19-27% VAT plus 10-20 USD administrative fee in EU countries. The cheapest Chinese EU warehouse which i found sells it for 99 USD (or 95 with coupon) @geekbuying, from China they selling for 70 USD. From Amazon UK I found It for 93 USD + 9 USD shipping. So I ordered it from eustock and I should get it on Tuesday Big Grin
Bang good seem to ship from HK, will I get customs charges to UK?

Also how do I know if it is the latest version?

Want to buy this box as using a AFTV with kodi but Dts/Atmos etc does not work to my demon x2200 amp. Apparently the way it is sent over the hdmi is not the official way from AFTV and the cheaper denon amps don't decode it correctly. Think the Mi does bitstream which should solve this problem.
The correct Model we are using is International Version / USA Spec version - MDZ-16-AB

That corresponds with what is on sale at the Banggood website (look at pics).

(2017-02-25, 11:33)wrxtasy Wrote: The correct Model we are using is International Version / USA Spec version - MDZ-16-AB

That corresponds with what is on sale at the Banggood website (look at pics).

Thanks, do you think the mi will work with my denon amp, are you familiar with the issue with some avr amps that don't work well with kodi on AFTV? Just get no sound. My Yamaha amp works perfectly but the newer/cheaper denon ones don't. More fussy!
Hi there,

I have a problem with my mi box. Kodi gets stuck a lot, and I cannot force close the app most times, because I do not have that option under 'apps'.

I have all my media on a network connected storage device (Drobo 5N) which is connected to my router through gigabit ethernet.

After starting the box and Kodi it plays everything fine, but if I switch off the TV and the box then at some point goes into screensaver or daydream mode Kodi won't properly wake up anymore, or I open a file and it just shows the spinning circle animation forever until I eventually reboot the box.
I tried a couple of things to prevent the box from going into screensaver or daydream mode, or at least have kodi use the 'power saving' feature to turn itself off after a certain amout of time, but so far the only working solution is to properly close kodi if I do not intend to watch anything soon.

Any idea what is going on? I was suspecting the network drive to be the culprit, but then i tried to use photos that were also stored there as screensavers in kodi, but that would also not prevent it from freezing after 'waking up' from the screensaver.

Cheers,
Kodi has been great so far. Definitely noticed the speed bump coming from Nexus Player. Having a weird issue I can't find any online help with. Half of the videos in the youtube app hangs on play unless I fast forward one tick. After I fast forward for one second the video play just fine. I have cleared the cache and data of the youtube app and it makes no difference. I get the same behaviour over WiFi or ethernet.
http://www.directcanada.com/products/?sk...ure=Xiaomi

This same product in canada, correct?

Sent from my SM-G935W8
That store is completely useless in its product description and model numbering.

No idea what "Patchwall" means - looks like they have made it up !

They list the Chinese Language - Mi Box the 3S (which should be listed as Model MDZ-16-AA) Sad

- yet - mistakingly and confusingly have the model number as the USA Spec Mi Box - MDZ-16-AB

Buyer beware - you don't know what you are getting. Don't buy the 3S

(2017-02-25, 19:49)debrain Wrote: http://www.directcanada.com/products/?sk...ure=Xiaomi

This same product in canada, correct?

Sent from my SM-G935W8 (typie typie)
Anyone in canada use these? Worthwhile? Or are some apps not available?

Sent from my SM-G935W8
  • 80(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)21